Got a new Springfield XD - very nice pistol! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Got a new Springfield XD - very nice pistol!

I have had the XD 45 service for a while now never any problems a great gun!

3. I'm thinking about buying an XD. I have a S&W 9mm and i dont know if i want the XD 40 subcompact or the 9mm XDM. anyone have any insight which i may like better? i have shot the 40 and its really nice, but the XDM looks like it might be even better...Either that or I'm also looking at the Bersa thunder .380 CC. that smaller one...has anyone had any experience with that?
    S&W TSW 3913. 7+1 9mm single stack. 3.5' barrel.

4. Love my XD 45. Had a few feed issues with it when new. First 20 rounds had a couple stove pipes. Now, 500 rounds later, no problems. One of the loudest hand guns I have fired. Forgot to put my ear protection in the first time I fired it, ears range for hours.

Congrats on your XD. I have a service 45 myself. The best loader hands down is the UpLula. I have several Lula loaders and the UpLula. I see they new have a Baby Uplula for 22 to 380. They are made in Israel and work great. maglula Ltd. - The world's #1 magazine loaders and unloaders !
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Congrats on your XD. I have a service 45 myself. The best loader hands down is the UpLula. I have several Lula loaders and the UpLula. I see they new have a Baby Uplula for 22 to 380. They are made in Israel and work great. maglula Ltd. - The world's #1 magazine loaders and unloaders !
    Red Hat:

Thanks for the tip about the UpLula. I saw the demo on their web site - looks real nice. The loader that comes with the XD is better than thumb-loading, but still kinda fiddly. I'm going to see if Cabela's have one that I can "touch & feel" and will probably buy one (or two!).

Thanks,
    D.

Quote Originally Posted by dgsalmon View Post
    Red Hat:

Thanks for the tip about the UpLula. I saw the demo on their web site - looks real nice. The loader that comes with the XD is better than thumb-loading, but still kinda fiddly. I'm going to see if Cabela's have one that I can "touch & feel" and will probably buy one (or two!).

Thanks,
    D.
    You'll end up with several like me!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by RugerP345 View Post
    What's an XD?
    Xero Drop

"Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

good on your purchase...

I chose a 40 SW over the XD but was due to hand size I made my decision.
    The XD Line is a handsome line of Guns.
    JJK Haywood

Yep. Been carrying my XD-45 Compact for a little over 2-1/2 years now. Some people say that they're ugly, but I think they look better than any BLOCK. I love mine. The mag springs can indeed be a little stiff.

Good choice

I don't own one, but I've fired both the XD45 (full size) and the mid-sized 40 and liked both of them. If I was buying another handgun, I'd seriously consider one of the XD's.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast