Got a new Springfield XD - very nice pistol! - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45

Thread: Got a new Springfield XD - very nice pistol!

  1. Quote Originally Posted by depoeslew View Post
    This internet chat stuff is kinda new to me!! However, I ALSO just got my XD .40 in subcompact. Can't wait to get some rounds through it. Last month, I bought one for a birthday gift for my son (he is a bartender in Portland, OR. & mama is worried about him!). We had opportunity to wring that little pistol out with a box of Blazer Brass .40s. I was so impressed with it's accuracy & ease of operation, that I ordered one for myself! I also had struggles with the choice between the proven Glock & the relatively" new" XD. But I have always considered the Glock kind of "homely". Does anyone have a recommended self-defense load for this gun? I am considering Hornady's critical defense loads.
    Ammo is a personal choice. You need to feel comfortable with what you carry and the reason you chose a particular bullet. I carry a few different ones and always test them at the range for feeding over all accuracy. Speer Gold Dots (a lot of Law Enforcement use these), Winchester PDXI carried by the FBI. If you can find Winchester Ranger (Old Name Black Talon)

    Good luck
    Jason
    Jason
    Michigan

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Bought a new XD 45 last spring and have since put around 2000 rounds or so thru it. Has never missed a beat. Comfortable and accurate; ridiculously easy to field strip. It's my 24/7 carry gun.
    Ditto

  4. #33
    I wasn't aware that there is a "Safety" on the SA XD pistol. Do you own an XD with a frame or slide mounted safety or are you referring to the trigger release safety ??
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sherwood, Arkansas
    Posts
    9

    XD .45 cal 4"

    I have a XD .45 cal 4", have a Viridian Green Laser Sights (with strobelight). i can not find a holster to accomadate this weapon due to the sights. So. I carry my glcok 27 .40 cal with extended mag. and a laser max guide rod in it. I wish i coul find a holster for my .45 it is soooo sweet.

    Some XD pistols have an thumb safety. But mine does not. It does have excilent safety features that i love. Look at their web site.

  6. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Ropadope View Post
    I wasn't aware that there is a "Safety" on the SA XD pistol. Do you own an XD with a frame or slide mounted safety or are you referring to the trigger release safety ??
    The "service" model has a thumb safety on both sides of the frame.

    Not being a military or police person, I like the ability to make sure the barrel points away from leg / foot etc before releasing the safety. I've seen several films of "experts" literally shooting themselves in the foot under stress!

  7. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by dgsalmon View Post
    The "service" model has a thumb safety on both sides of the frame.

    Not being a military or police person, I like the ability to make sure the barrel points away from leg / foot etc before releasing the safety. I've seen several films of "experts" literally shooting themselves in the foot under stress!
    I was not aware that the "Service" model has/or is availble with a thumb safety lever.

    I recently purchased the XDm .40 Smith. I'm currently openly carrying it in a SERPA paddle holster. The SERPA thing is a whole nother conversation, but it works for me, at the moment.

    I personally haven't seen any "films" of anyone shooting themselves in the foot with an XD, Glock or LEM type trigger when drawing from the holster and presenting muzzle to target. Do you have any "films" of the "experts" shooting themselves in the foot ??

    Index, Index, Index.
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

  8. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Ropadope View Post
    I was not aware that the "Service" model has/or is availble with a thumb safety lever.

    I recently purchased the XDm .40 Smith. I'm currently openly carrying it in a SERPA paddle holster. The SERPA thing is a whole nother conversation, but it works for me, at the moment.

    I personally haven't seen any "films" of anyone shooting themselves in the foot with an XD, Glock or LEM type trigger when drawing from the holster and presenting muzzle to target. Do you have any "films" of the "experts" shooting themselves in the foot ??

    Index, Index, Index.
    We were shown several short clips of accidental discharges in the CCW class I attended. Typically were law enforcement officers drawing a pistol and pulling the trigger before getting clear of the holster. If they can do it with all of their training, so could I! I practice keeping the index finger outside of the trigger-guard until pointed away. The safety comes off while starting to aim. Any time I catch myself getting sloppy, I think of those film clips ........

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Urbandale, Ia
    Posts
    2
    I have the XD45 very nice gun. I also have a Taurus PT 24/7 Pro 40 cal and a Ruger SR9 all nice guns but my favorite has to be the XD

  10. i also carry an xd45 service great pistol

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    8,533
    If I ever have to replace my SIG P220 it will be with the XD45.
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast