Got a new Springfield XD - very nice pistol! - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Got a new Springfield XD - very nice pistol!

1. The SA XD is a good gun,but the Glock has a proven track record.I have seen the XD jam in .40 and .45 ACP with hollowpoint ammo.The XD-M is a better gun that is more refined.The XD design is popular since it has the 1911 type grip safety,however it has a higher bore axis that causes the gun to have more muzzle flip.My opinion is keep it simple like the Glock.The XD is a bigger gun than the Glock.I was at a new gun store and the salesman was trying to sell me a XD.There was another person looking at the gun also and he said they were giving those guns for free at Front Sight if you signed up for a course.The salesman said that he could knock off $25 if I would buy the XD since he was looking to move inventory.I mentioned that I prefer the Glock and the young salesperson said they jam buy the XD.I showed him a G23 which I own since 1991 and never had a jam in over 10,000 rounds.The Glock has a huge following and has over 70% of the U.S. LE market.The Glock is a better gun I just don't like the trigger on the XD.

Picked up my new XDm .45 today, can't wait to try it out.
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Picked up my new XDm .45 today, can't wait to try it out.
    Let us know. I have an xd .40 for my primary carry, but am looking for a .45. I love the xd so an xdm is an obvious contender, but am also looking at a sig p220

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Let us know. I have an xd .40 for my primary carry, but am looking for a .45. I love the xd so an xdm is an obvious contender, but am also looking at a sig p220
    Buddy, I have nothing negative to say about the SIG P220, but, I traded a SIG P220 for the XDm.
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Buddy, I have nothing negative to say about the SIG P220, but, I traded a SIG P220 for the XDm.
    Wow. That is saying a lot for sure!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345