Had to send the Taurus PT140 Pro Back - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Had to send the Taurus PT140 Pro Back

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    What did they indicate was wrong?

Did something actually break or was it a cleaning problem due to having been fired a lot?

If it was a cleaning problem did they inform on how to prevent that in the future?

Like anything man makes it can malfunction once in a while.

You indicated that you've fired 2500-3000 rounds through it without any problems that to me indicates plenty of reliability.
    They replaced the firing pin and said not to shoot reloaded ammo through it and to clean it after every time I shot it.

I didn't use reloaded ammo and cleaned it every time I got it back. I guess it needed a better cleaning but I don't want a gun I get to break all the way down to clean it every time. I try to shoot at least once a week.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

3. Quote Originally Posted by lukemccoy View Post
    They replaced the firing pin and said not to shoot reloaded ammo through it and to clean it after every time I shot it.

I didn't use reloaded ammo and cleaned it every time I got it back. I guess it needed a better cleaning but I don't want a gun I get to break all the way down to clean it every time. I try to shoot at least once a week.
    FWIW, Taurus include that note about reloads/cleaning on every "repair" receipt I've ever seen or heard of. Seems to just be a standard disclaimer whether or not it really applies.

I have both the PT-111 and PT145 and both have been GREAT

My friend has a PT145 and loves it as well. Maybe I got a bad egg!

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

The only complaint I have had about my pt140pro is the long trigger pull. I can't shoot it as well as some of my others. It was my carry gun for a long time. I never have had an issue with it. No ftf, fte, anything. Please don't tell Taurus, but I have shot many reloads through it. :)
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

I have heard the same thing. Always blame reloads and cleaning on every issue, never admit to just having a bad egg in the basket.
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

8. I had a taurus 357 snubby that would heat up after about 20 rounds and lock up. 38's fired fine even when hot. I took a feeler gauge to the cylender and found alot of differance in clearance around frame. Light stoning to release some metar and all was fine. The problem is One of quality control. Gun was a monday made gun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12