Bersa .380
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bersa .380

Bersa .380

I currently carry a Beretta PX4 Storm in a .40 S&W, at times it is a little bulky and once in awhile I get tired of adjusting my pants due to its weight. Also summer is around the corner and due to its size it is a little harder to conceal ........ so here is my question ?

I am thinking about buying a Bersa .380, install Laser sights to gain better shot placement and load the pistol with Buffalo Bore +P ammo for summer carry. I have read reviews at Gunblast.com on this weapon and was impressed, I've went to a local Gun Shop and held one, they're freaking dandy !

Guys ... Gals ... I welcome your opinions. Any one carry a .380 ?

I'll be listening, too. A family member (Female, 65) had surgery on the hands. She is having trouble keeping a good hold on her Smith Hammerless with +P's. Somebody has her convinced that, that sidearm has to have +P's. ????? A brother and I thought maybe a small .380 auto may be something she can better handle.
    Semper Fi

I carry the Bersa Thunder Plus. It is the double stack (15+1) I LOVE this gun!!! Never had a FTF. I looked at the Bersa Thunder but I have long fingers, the wider grip in the double stack works for me. My daughter is saving to buy the Bersa Thunder as her CCW soon.
    I can't say enough great things about the gun!!
    "Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God and Never Forget a Friend. "

I know you didn't ask for this..
    We looked at the Bersa as well, and it seems to be a great gun..
    We decided on the Sig P238 instead. It is a smaller than the Bursa and thus easier to carry..
    Even makes a good back up gun for the .40
    Just a thought..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

I have a Sig P238 and a Bersa Thunder 9. Have shot the Bersa 380CC. They're all excellent, with the P238 being the easiest slide to rack.
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

Check out Smith & Wesson's website. They are releasing their first sub-compact Semi-Auto 380 with built in lazer inside the gun. It is double action, with last shot slide lock and safety lever. They call it the "Bodyguard 380".
    http://www.smith-wesson.com
    Help your own self - the Government is busy takin' care of itself!
    Retired LEO

I have a Bersa Thunder 380 and I like it very much...it just fits my hand. It was the gun I first bought for me and I am really happy with it. It is just right and smooth as anything. IWB -- it doesn't even print. My only problem with it is that it only have 7 +1 round so I upgraded to an XD 9mm a few weeks ago, 16 + 1 as my BUG.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Great

The Bersa line is great. I had a 380CC until I sold it to my dad. The 9mm Ultra Compact is the best of the line. The only drawback of the 380s is they are blowback operated and need a firmer grip to operate (limp wrist) than a similar size gun with a locking operation. They also use a stiffer recoil spring because of the blowback principle and thus are harder to chamber the first round.

Here is a 380CC with some nice Marschal Grips:

The standard Bersa 380 and 380CC suffered from a disconnect spring issue last year. Most of those seem to now be history, but there could be some out there as old stock. Although they do have a first owner lifetime warranty and excellent customer service through Colorado Gun Works. This issue did not seem to effect the delux model.

All that aside the Bersa is a jewel. They should be coming out with a small 9mm similar to the new Taurus Slim and PF9 later this year.
    :: Bersa Talk :: • Index page

Correct me if I am wrong (I'm sure you will)

I thought Bersa's were cheap throw-away ghetto guns.

In the beginning, the patriot is a scarce man -- brave, hated, and scorned. But when his cause succeeds, the timid join him. For then, it costs nothing to be a patriot. -- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by RugerP345 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong (I'm sure you will)

I thought Bersa's were cheap throw-away ghetto guns.

Well they are inexpensive. The are well machined, but the finishes usually leave something to be desired. More like parkerizing than a smooth bluing, although you can ge a nickel finish.
    Rent or borrow one and see if you don't change your mind. In my opinion they are better than the PPKs.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast