did something to a hi-point?? show it off - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: did something to a hi-point?? show it off

1. Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Wow, the guy posts pics of mods he made to his gun and all he gets is Paliniated.
    This argument will go on indefinitely. I have my opinion and others have theirs. No worries, carry on.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum. . .Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis. . . .Nemo me impune lacessit . . .Veritas vos Liberabit. . . .ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! . . . .Write, speak, do!

3. I dont have any pics of my Hi-Point C-9, but I love to shoot it. I had to send it back to Beemiller for some tweaking, they polished the feed ramp and replaced some springs AND they gave me 2 new magazines for my trouble. The turn around time was 5 days. I used my HP 9mm to qualify for my CHL. They are great guns at a great price.
    Sam Ragsdale
    AGCM(AW/SW) USN-Ret

NRA Life Member

This is one tough crowd.
    I no longer trust my government to act on my behalf.

It's probably best that we not argue the point or do the back and fourth thing. We need to exchange info here and we all have opinions and experiences. Let's just take each others experience and info and go with it to make our decisions. If you got a Hi-Point that works, go for it. If you won't buy anything less than a $2000 Wilson Combat 1911, so be it. But either way, let's just start taking each others experiences as a decision making helper, and meet on equal ground. Hell, if a bad guy was breaking in my house and I couldn't afford anything but a Hi-Point, it would sure beat sticks and rocks. Just make sure it functions with whatever ammo you decide to carry, check ALL of your mags for function, and use it. I NEVER buy anything for the "Lifetime Warranty" because I'm afraid I'll have to be using that warranty. I will say this. Out of all of the Hi-Points I have seen, worked on, thrown against the wall, shot, beat on or cussed. The only Hi-Point I would buy for defensive purposes would be the C9 9mm compact. By far these worked 10 times better than the 40's or 45's. They were a little lighter and easier to handle, and by far funtioned when the 40's and 45's gave up. I think it may have to do with Slide Weight ratio to the cartridge recoil and power, but it works better than the big caliber pistol they make. There. Done.:
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

6. Quote Originally Posted by 1911 Headbanger View Post
    It's probably best that we not argue the point or do the back and fourth thing. We need to exchange info here and we all have opinions and experiences. Let's just take each others experience and info and go with it to make our decisions. If you got a Hi-Point that works, go for it. If you won't buy anything less than a $2000 Wilson Combat 1911, so be it. But either way, let's just start taking each others experiences as a decision making helper, and meet on equal ground. Hell, if a bad guy was breaking in my house and I couldn't afford anything but a Hi-Point, it would sure beat sticks and rocks. Just make sure it functions with whatever ammo you decide to carry, check ALL of your mags for function, and use it. I NEVER buy anything for the "Lifetime Warranty" because I'm afraid I'll have to be using that warranty. I will say this. Out of all of the Hi-Points I have seen, worked on, thrown against the wall, shot, beat on or cussed. The only Hi-Point I would buy for defensive purposes would be the C9 9mm compact. By far these worked 10 times better than the 40's or 45's. They were a little lighter and easier to handle, and by far funtioned when the 40's and 45's gave up. I think it may have to do with Slide Weight ratio to the cartridge recoil and power, but it works better than the big caliber pistol they make. There. Done.:
    Agreed.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum. . .Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis. . . .Nemo me impune lacessit . . .Veritas vos Liberabit. . . .ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! . . . .Write, speak, do!

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Wow, the guy posts pics of mods he made to his gun and all he gets is Paliniated.
    Palaniated? is that a word?
    I found Palin in the urban dictionary.
    Urban Dictionary: palin

Perhaps we should start an ugly pistol posting. I have this Iver Johnson SAA. It is a real POS.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123