Keltec Clip Finger Plate Problem

Thread: Keltec Clip Finger Plate Problem

1. Keltec Clip Finger Plate Problem

I have had 2 beak off of my gun. First time I thought it was a fluke but the second time now bothers me. I take a firm grip so it is not being over stressed. I contacted Keltec and offered to send the parts for exam but got no reply. This does scare me cause I carry to protect me and family but when the floor plate breaks off you have a handful of parts and a non working gun. Are there other option in gettting a finger extension and not pay the price of breaking?

Quote Originally Posted by RafterBob View Post
    I have had 2 beak off of my gun. First time I thought it was a fluke but the second time now bothers me. I take a firm grip so it is not being over stressed. I contacted Keltec and offered to send the parts for exam but got no reply. This does scare me cause I carry to protect me and family but when the floor plate breaks off you have a handful of parts and a non working gun. Are there other option in gettting a finger extension and not pay the price of breaking?
    If I understand correctly, you're saying that your magazine floor plate that is also a finger extension is breaking off? If it's a OEM Kel-tec part, I would recommend looking into aftermarket parts. They may or may not solve the problem, but is a better option then continuing to use the OEM parts that fail. If that doesn't solve the problem, I'd recommend purchasing a pistol made by a different manufacturer.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor