Ruger New Vaquero .357 Carry Gun? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruger New Vaquero .357 Carry Gun?

I've carried nothing but six shooters since I was 15. My everyday carry is a Ruger Vaquero 45 with a 5 1/2" barrel. I also carry a Uberti "Hombre" 357 Magnum with a 4 3/4" barrel and a Ruger .22 LR Single Six with a 9 1/2" barrel. As long as you can put that bullet exactly where you need it to hit with any kind of speed, a .22 LR Yellow Jacket can drop a bad guy just as easy as a 9MM.

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Here you will have to allow for that...
    I don't own one but have had the good fortune to shoot a colt cowboy .45. Kinda fun... Maybe one on each hip... If you open carry it's more fun... Most BGs would think twice about going for the guy with the gun on his hip and most BGs wouldn't be smart enough to know the difference between singe and double action.

Do what makes ya happy...

Peace...
    Bad guys don't carry single actions. I once tried shooting my Vaquero sideways. It not only hurt like hell, it was hard to pull the hammer back and hit anything. Maybe if I get some of those "homeboy" sights?

Last weekend while talking my best friend into buying a Kimber Pro Raptor I fondled a couple Ruger Vaquero Bisleys. I WILL be letting one follow me home in the next couple of weeks. Just have to decide on .357 or .44 mag. I wish there was a .44mag in stock. I'm definitely leaning in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Confess View Post
    Last weekend while talking my best friend into buying a Kimber Pro Raptor I fondled a couple Ruger Vaquero Bisleys. I WILL be letting one follow me home in the next couple of weeks. Just have to decide on .357 or .44 mag. I wish there was a .44mag in stock. I'm definitely leaning in that direction.
    I like the .357 because I can also shoot .38spl. My carry load is the GDHP .38 spl. +P 135 gr., this ammo is top notch and allows for easy follow up shots. My back up rounds are Hydra-Shok 158 gr. in 357, just in case things go bad. I was really happy with the stock grips, until I saw the ivory grips with the Ruger eagle inset the other day when looking through the catalog. Couldn't help myself, I ordered them, they are SO SWEET. My son in-law has the .44 mag and loves it. If one happens to follow you home in the near future, let us know which one.
    AMERICA'S EPITAPH
    Since They Did Not See Fit To Acknowledge God, He Gave Them Up To A Depraved Mind, To Do What Should Not Be Done

Mornin' all

Ringo, you're absolutely right about those ivory grips, I get alot of comments on mine. They are certainly attention grabbers.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Mornin' all

Ringo, you're absolutely right about those ivory grips, I get alot of comments on mine. They are certainly attention grabbers.
    Received them in the mail today, here's a couple of pics

Ruger New Vaquero .357  Carry Gun?-eagle-grip-1.jpgRuger New Vaquero .357  Carry Gun?-eagle-rig-1.jpg
    AMERICA'S EPITAPH
    Since They Did Not See Fit To Acknowledge God, He Gave Them Up To A Depraved Mind, To Do What Should Not Be Done

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Received them in the mail today, here's a couple of pics.

Ringo, those are really nice.

They're just like mine only mine are 5 1/2"

Ringo, Sorry bout the extra picture of your Vaqueros, still triing to figure this computer thing out.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Bad guys don't carry single actions. I once tried shooting my Vaquero sideways. It not only hurt like hell, it was hard to pull the hammer back and hit anything. Maybe if I get some of those "homeboy" sights?
    OK, OK... I laughed!!!

Yes... Would be a funny sight seeing the "drive by" with a bunch of single actions.

Now I'm laughing harder... I needed that...Been a long day...

Peace....
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

11. saw this was 2 years old still kinda hoping fof a reply. ..im kinda a younger shooter and im really into single action revolvers...i bought a super black hawk 44 with the 10.5 barrel after playing with my girlfriends replica 1873 22...i fell in lovew with both. how ever niether are suitable for concealed carry...i loved the hammer of the new vaquero and trust my self carrying that over a semi auto pistol so hopefully with in the next month i own this model or a similar model suitable to carry...wondering if there are any in the waste band holsters for them or any ideas for a skinny guy with out using a shoulder rig. also wondering if there are any cowboy action groups in pa...everywhere i googled was 2 hours from me...id like to learn more of these get togethers...but dont wanna drive 2 hours....thanks!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast