Bersa Thunder .380 Revisited
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Bersa Thunder .380 Revisited

  1. #1

    Bersa Thunder .380 Revisited

    So, last Friday I picked up my 2nd pistol; a Bersa Thunder .380 in matte black. I haven't shot it yet, but intend to take it to the local range this Monday. In addition to the pistol I have on order a Fobus paddle holster and 2 boxes of Buffalo Bore 90 gr. Gold Dot + P ammo (1150 FPS 288 Ft. Lbs.). I need to purchase an extra clip.

    I carried it all day today stuffed in my pants on my right hip (fits there great), hardly noticed it was there.

    I have looked at many different .380's, here are the reason's I bought this pistol:

    1. I wanted something smaller to carry during the summer.
    2. It's some what of a Walther PPK Double Oh Seven look-a-like, kind'a sexy !
    3. Double / single action, some other more expensive .380's are not
    4. Slide release, some other more expensive .380's don't have this option
    5. Hammer/safety decocker, some other more expensive .380's don't have this option
    6. Firing Pin Block, some other more expensive .380's don't have this option
    7. Key Safety Lock, some other more expensive .380's don't have this option
    8. It's quality built, looks, feels better then some other more expensive .380's
    9. Didn't want to spend $500 or more on a smaller pistol

    Due to the spring wrapped around the barrel the only odd thing about this pistol is the strange noise it makes when you rack the slide.

    More info to follow after I shoot it ........

  2.   
  3. #2
    It is a great gun!

    The nice rounded grips do not bite like the square ones made by smith & walther.

    Shoot enough to break it in and you will love it!

    -Doc

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    It is a great gun!

    The nice rounded grips do not bite like the square ones made by smith & walther.

    Shoot enough to break it in and you will love it!

    -Doc
    Doc ~

    Thats what I hear about the Bersa, I had a conversation with a local Gunsmith and his opinion was that the Bersa is a well machined pistol and one way they SAVE on production is to leave the machining process in a corase or semi-rough state, whereas other, more expensive gun-makers do polishing of parts thereby elimanating the need for a break-in period. His suggestion was to run at least 300 rounds through it with extreme cleaning / lubeing at 100 round intervals before I rely on it for personal carry.

    Sounds like fun to me !

  5. #4
    I picked up one of the Firestorm 22's from Bersa. Same frame as the 380. I got it for less expensive practice (I carry a Glock 23 as my everyday gun). Great little gun. I do have the LCP for my 380, but wouldn't think twice about the Bersa after shooting the 22.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wesley Chapel NC
    Posts
    270

    Good choice

    Good choice. Go to :: Bersa Talk :: • Index page

    More info than you will ever need. Clean the bersa "shipping goo" out of the pistol and mag before trying to shoot it. It is NOT LUBE.

    The Bersa blowback action can be ammo sensitive. Try Magtech, S&B or Rem Green box.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jes View Post
    good choice. Go to :: Bersa talk :: • index page

    more info than you will ever need. Clean the bersa "shipping goo" out of the pistol and mag before trying to shoot it. It is not lube.

    The bersa blowback action can be ammo sensitive. Try magtech, s&b or rem green box.

    ok ......

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by PX4storm View Post
    Doc ~

    Thats what I hear about the Bersa, I had a conversation with a local Gunsmith and his opinion was that the Bersa is a well machined pistol and one way they SAVE on production is to leave the machining process in a corase or semi-rough state, whereas other, more expensive gun-makers do polishing of parts thereby elimanating the need for a break-in period. His suggestion was to run at least 300 rounds through it with extreme cleaning / lubeing at 100 round intervals before I rely on it for personal carry.

    Sounds like fun to me !
    UPDATE ... ...

    Well, before I took the Bersa to the range today I took it apart and cleaned the crap out of it, it's operation seemed smoother.

    I ran 100 rounds through this pistol with out a hitch while at the range ! I have to say I was VERY IMPRESSED with this dandy lil'gun ... ... it's way more accurate then some high dollar pistols I have shot. I was getting 3 ~ 4 inch groupings at the 25 yard mark, maybe it's 25 feet, anyway the red line on the floor says 25, does not denote whether it's yards or feet. Anyway it's all cleaned up and everything about this pistol operates smoother now, it's back on my hip ! I like everything about this pistol, it's size, it's very accurate, and will have a home when I ride my motorcycle !


  9. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wesley Chapel NC
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by PX4storm View Post
    UPDATE ... ...

    Well, before I took the Bersa to the range today I took it apart and cleaned the crap out of it, it's operation seemed smoother.

    I ran 100 rounds through this pistol with out a hitch while at the range ! I have to say I was VERY IMPRESSED with this dandy lil'gun ... ... it's way more accurate then some high dollar pistols I have shot. I was getting 3 ~ 4 inch groupings at the 25 yard mark, maybe it's 25 feet, anyway the red line on the floor says 25, does not denote whether it's yards or feet. Anyway it's all cleaned up and everything about this pistol operates smoother now, it's back on my hip ! I like everything about this pistol, it's size, it's very accurate, and will have a home when I ride my motorcycle !

    I hate to tell you this, but Bersa makes a 9, 40, and 45 that are more reliable than the 380 and they like to multiply...
    They are also coming out with a small single stack polymer 9 this fall.
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ncealed-carry/

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jes View Post
    I hate to tell you this, but Bersa makes a 9, 40, and 45 that are more reliable than the 380 and they like to multiply...
    They are also coming out with a small single stack polymer 9 this fall.
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ncealed-carry/
    I carry a Px4 Storm in a .40 S&W most of the time, I bought the .380 for many reasons as I stated above, I like this gun a lot and it will be my hide-away when on the Bad-Motor-Scooter.

    Like some others have said: a couple of well placed .22's (or .380's) is better then a .45 in the truck !

Similar Threads

  1. Bersa .380
    By PX4storm in forum Handgun Discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03-21-2010, 02:19 PM
  2. Thoughts o the Bersa Thunder .380?
    By kingofthedemo in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 07:39 PM
  3. Bersa Thunder 380
    By LoneWolf7 in forum Handgun Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-21-2009, 06:21 PM
  4. Advice
    By usvet in forum Concealed Carry Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 12:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast