S&W sigma - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 67

Thread: S&W sigma

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I have yet to hear of a LE agency or U.S. Military unit using a S&W Sigma. I have seen LE agencies using the S&W M&P as well as several models of S&W revolvers.

    The Sigma is a very cheaply made gun. To use an analogy, it's like comparing a "Toyota Echo" (That would be the S&W Sigma) to a "Toyota Camary" (That would be the S&W M&P). Apparently S&W took too many short cuts and cut too many corners which made the Sigma the POS that it is today. Very sad, in that with a little consideration and minor modifications, the Sigma could be an excellent piece of equipment.




    gf
    Well Glock Fan, how much of, as you say, a pos that the sigma is that with only "a little consideration and minor modifications, the Sigma could be an excellent piece of equipment. How many shortcuts and cut corners can be corrected with a little consideration and minor modifications? No argument, just asking.
    By the way, an echo is not going to be an excellent car with minor modifications and little consideration. Happy shooting and enjoy your glock.
    Last edited by c45man; 03-05-2010 at 11:34 AM. Reason: addition

  2.   
  3. #22

    sigma9VE

    Quote Originally Posted by seeley booth View Post
    i'm thinking on buying a s&w sigma 9MM... does anyone own one if so what's the pros and cons
    i held one it felt nice for $399 isn't a bad price
    I'll tell you this much, 6 years ago I bought a beretta 96 vertec, .40 CAL. 2 months ago I found this sigma online for 302.00, with a $50 rebate... bought it up! took it out with my 40, and my eldest daughter (eho has NEVER fired a gun at all), she LIKED the sigma better! Trigger is long/heavy, but its ok. relaods fired with no issues, remington jamed FTE/FTL. I have put 3-400 rounds through it and I am pleased, I shot the reloads. For 250, comapred to the $840.00 for my beretta, I would buy another. respect it, treat her well and its a good gun for the price. A buddy of mine traded his 92SF in on a GLOCK19 and paid 100 to boot. they are identical to the SIGMA, and half the price, holds 1 more round as well. I carry this gun, but I am also looking at the XDM 3.8 9MM for my self. waiting on price to drop, lol. I have NO regrets about this gun, a little modification and personal liking, its a good gun and a LIFETIME WARRANTY ! that shoud say it all.

  4. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by edge289 View Post
    I'll tell you this much, 6 years ago I bought a beretta 96 vertec, .40 CAL. 2 months ago I found this sigma online for 302.00, with a $50 rebate... bought it up! took it out with my 40, and my eldest daughter (eho has NEVER fired a gun at all), she LIKED the sigma better! Trigger is long/heavy, but its ok. relaods fired with no issues, remington jamed FTE/FTL. I have put 3-400 rounds through it and I am pleased, I shot the reloads. For 250, comapred to the $840.00 for my beretta, I would buy another. respect it, treat her well and its a good gun for the price. A buddy of mine traded his 92SF in on a GLOCK19 and paid 100 to boot. they are identical to the SIGMA, and half the price, holds 1 more round as well. I carry this gun, but I am also looking at the XDM 3.8 9MM for my self. waiting on price to drop, lol. I have NO regrets about this gun, a little modification and personal liking, its a good gun and a LIFETIME WARRANTY ! that shoud say it all.
    Now that's quite an endorsement! A young woman who never shot before really liked it. Should have taken an air-soft. I'll bet she would've really LOVED that.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    Well Glock Fan, how much of, as you say, a pos that the sigma is that with only "a little consideration and minor modifications, the Sigma could be an excellent piece of equipment. How many shortcuts and cut corners can be corrected with a little consideration and minor modifications? No argument, just asking.
    By the way, an echo is not going to be an excellent car with minor modifications and little consideration. Happy shooting and enjoy your glock.
    Modifications to the Sigma would be a better trigger, The mag release could use a little tweaking as well. As for the Toyota Echo, it's a great little car. I'd start with a larger engine. That would be a $1k or so upgrade, but in the scope of things I consider it to be "minor" in relation to the total cost of the automobile. Since we're talking firearms here, I won't go too much into detail.



    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    Now that's quite an endorsement! A young woman who never shot before really liked it. Should have taken an air-soft. I'll bet she would've really LOVED that.
    I've had many first timer students shoot and enjoy Hi-Point pistols. For whatever reason, they seemed to think it was better than a Sig or HK. Once they tried a variety of guns and understood what to look for in a pistol, their opinions changed.

    I put the Sigma in the category of "nice to have, but not something I'd carry if there are better options out there".



    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  7. #26

    Sigma

    Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    Now that's quite an endorsement! A young woman who never shot before really liked it. Should have taken an air-soft. I'll bet she would've really LOVED that.
    Wel if she wasn't thinking if going in the military,
    was under 17 I might think about that but if
    you like air-soft, then go buy one. She was that
    comfortable with it compared to the full size
    .40 cal beretta. She grouped 7 within 2"
    at 25 yards, all 16 shots grouped in a 6" diameter.
    Not bad for a young girl who has never shot a firearm.
    Just saying, it has been good to me, and
    I am getting something else to carry, but I
    do like the sigma. Just an addition to my
    collection. I'll let ya all know how the ds15/m4
    is when I get it in 2-3 weeks. A steal at $650.
    Hey I might just carry that instead!!!

  8. #27
    Whatever floats your boat. I related my experiences, you related yours. I just wouldn't trust my life to a Sigma. If you're comfortable with it then by all means.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

  9. #28
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    13
    I have had a Sigma 9VE for 6 years and it works fine. Hard to get used to the trigger pull and I recently began carrying a Glock 19 becuse I can shoot it better. Still like the S&W... If you get used it, then it will work fine..

  10. Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    The major issue with the signa is the trigger. Why pay to have the trigger fixed on a new purchase? Get a used Glock for the same money.
    You don't have to pay to get the trigger loosened. I called my nearest S&W warranty center, they sent me a pre-paid box to ship it to them, 7 days later I got my Sigma .40VE back, the hard trigger pull was resolved. Everything was free, including the freight bith ways. Support American workers and buy a S&W, not Austria.
    Sam Ragsdale
    AGCM(AW/SW) USN-Ret

    NRA Life Member

  11. Quote Originally Posted by seeley booth View Post
    i'm thinking on buying a s&w sigma 9MM... does anyone own one if so what's the pros and cons
    i held one it felt nice for $399 isn't a bad price
    I have a sw9ve or call it sigma 9mm and it shots good for me .

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. S&W Sigma 40VE
    By rrc1962 in forum Handgun Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 02:49 AM
  2. S&W Sigma Trigger Troubles
    By milkmood in forum Handgun Maintenance, Cleaning and Gunsmithing
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-03-2012, 12:51 AM
  3. S&W Sigma SW40VE 1st range trip
    By 901-Memphis in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-29-2010, 06:21 PM
  4. WTS S&W SW9VE 9mm AZ residents Only
    By RRGlock23 in forum Buy Sell Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-27-2010, 12:14 PM
  5. S&W Sigma SW9VE review
    By bluper in forum Handgun Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 01:15 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast