S&W sigma - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W sigma

1. Quote Originally Posted by seeley booth View Post
    i'm thinking on buying a s&w sigma 9MM... does anyone own one if so what's the pros and cons
    i held one it felt nice for $399 isn't a bad price
    The only thing I see wrong with your thinking is that the price is $80.00 to high
    I am in southern Indiana and The 111 Gun shop has the gun for $320 and the 50.00 rebate may still be in effect.
    An honest mans pillow is his peace of mind.

til the 30th
    The only bad gun, is a empty one.

4. It's really funny to read all of the "gun experts" talking about how awful the Sigma is. I just keep shooting mine and have yet to have the first failure of any kind. Not even one! Wouldn't want to trust your life to that would you?
    I have several other guns, but I chose to use the Sigma when I took my CWP test. The trigger gets better the more you use it. Not the best gun on the market by a long shot. Not great, but a good dependable gun.

I love S&W firearms and have 4. The issue with the Sigma is the number of bad ones vs. good ones. Hit or miss is the case with most. Some will swear by them but most I have spoken to regard them as less than satisfactory. With a willingness to spend a little extra money look at the M&P from Smith & Wesson. The Glock is OK but try shooting a few and make sure they work for your grip. The grip angle on the Glock is a little steeper and may affect your shot if you have experience with other guns. It causes some to shoot high with it due to the different grip angle (I'm one of those folks). Try a few different makes and models before you lay money down and make a decision based on comfort, ability to shoot it well, and handle it with ease rather than just price.

When the right one comes along it will speak to you on a level you will understand. Like your new best friend.

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

I must agree, I go a goodie sigma then. I also have a beretta 40
    cal which $COST$ me a leg. I got the sigma for $250, and am
    pleased. No failures on my part, shoots great, less than half the
    weight of my beretta. Yes I do bet my life on it and for now it is
    my carry,(AR is just to big to carry) lol.
    :biggergrin:

7. Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    I love S&W firearms and have 4. The issue with the Sigma is the number of bad ones vs. good ones. Hit or miss is the case with most. Some will swear by them but most I have spoken to regard them as less than satisfactory. With a willingness to spend a little extra money look at the M&P from Smith & Wesson. The Glock is OK but try shooting a few and make sure they work for your grip. The grip angle on the Glock is a little steeper and may affect your shot if you have experience with other guns. It causes some to shoot high with it due to the different grip angle (I'm one of those folks). Try a few different makes and models before you lay money down and make a decision based on comfort, ability to shoot it well, and handle it with ease rather than just price.

When the right one comes along it will speak to you on a level you will understand. Like your new best friend.

Peace...
    I would like to meet "most you have spoken to". The only complaint I hear is about the trigger. If you like a light trigger you will not like a Sigma. I don't think anybody claimed they were as good as an M&P or a Glock, they are just good dependable lower priced guns. I personally don't like the feel of a Glock. Doesn't mean they are not good guns, just my preference. I have other, more expensive guns but I still like my Sigma. Most I have spoken to think they are a good gun for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoom View Post
    I would like to meet "most you have spoken to". The only complaint I hear is about the trigger. If you like a light trigger you will not like a Sigma. I don't think anybody claimed they were as good as an M&P or a Glock, they are just good dependable lower priced guns. I personally don't like the feel of a Glock. Doesn't mean they are not good guns, just my preference. I have other, more expensive guns but I still like my Sigma. Most I have spoken to think they are a good gun for the price.
    Ah Yes... That is the fact. "For the price"... I have fired the 40 Sigma and was not impressed with the trigger and feel (yes it's the biggest complaint with that gun).
    I also spoke with 4 other shooters, 1 at the gun dealer I frequent and 3 at the range I frequent and the consensus was the same, they all wished they had spent a little more money and gotten another gun.
    The 40 I shot was at the same range and the guy sent it back to S&W because the accuracy was an issue for him. That was enough for me.
    I chose the M&P and have 2 that have been very consistent for me. .45 and .40 compact.

This thread and all of the posts herein are not an attack on people who own them. The original poster was asking for opinions, pros and cons. We all provided them. That is the desired result when asking for an opinion is it not? Don't like the opinions, don't read 'em. Voice yours and be happy with the choice you have made. I like the fact that we are all free to own the guns we choose. Nobody knows better than you what is good for you.

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

No issues with my Sigma 9. It worked fine for me as a defensive weapon when needed and the heavy trigger pull gave me a bit of comfort as a safety feature. It loosened up a bit over time and has always been dependable. I also like my Bersa .380, S&W M&P .40 and CZ-40.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

Yes the sigma is a good gun. The trigger works like a DAO. It breaks down just like a glock. Glocks also throw brass straight up, but I have never had this problem with the Sigma. I think alot of the problems are grip control...jams throwing brass..etc. One thing I did notice is that mine did not like feeding the plus p rounds at first but after about 200 regular rounds it feeds them. The manual says not to use plus p's in the gun. If your looking for hot loads on the sigma you might check out the 40 cal model.

11. 6shootercarry said "Don't like the opinions, don't read 'em".

BigBoom says "If you don't like my opinion, don't read it".

The Sigma is a good gun for the price. You even seem to agree with that. It is what it is. A good choice for a low priced gun. We mess up when we start comparing it to more expensive guns. Of course that is only my opinion.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast