S&W sigma - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: S&W sigma

Actually geezer I know exactly what i'm alking about. I carried a glock 19 2nd generation for 4 years a a L.E.O. One must have a sense of humor from time to time. I own several quality fire arms. I prefer west german folded slide sigs the best especially the P226 and the p225 But I also own several S&W including a couple of sigmas. Glocks just aint my thing. I know alot of LEO's who are issued the glock 22 good gun if they had their preference they wouldnt carrry it but thats whats issued to em. relax man no harm no foul.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone1964 View Post
    Actually geezer I know exactly what i'm alking about. I carried a glock 19 2nd generation for 4 years a a L.E.O. One must have a sense of humor from time to time. I own several quality fire arms. I prefer west german folded slide sigs the best especially the P226 and the p225 But I also own several S&W including a couple of sigmas. Glocks just aint my thing. I know alot of LEO's who are issued the glock 22 good gun if they had their preference they wouldnt carrry it but thats whats issued to em. relax man no harm no foul.
    I a tually know LEOS around here who would prefer a glock especially to the beretta, and S&W. Only a couple of buddies I know have the glock and one is sad he got it. So I told him about the wheel chock, he went hysterical, and asked why I didn't warn him before hand!!!! Hahaha that all I can say about that one! I put 2000 rounds they my sigma, 3000 through my beretta which I. Have carried for 7 years and never had a malfunction period. I'd rather have a para hog than a glock! Zigs are good but imnot crazy about them either, maybe the mosquito just so I can put a can on it for fun! Hehe! The M&P is what I'm waitng on next .. Oh I own 8 sidearms and no failures from any as of yet! I even have an mp 1522 with 1500 rounds, dpms ar 15 with 2000 rounds and no problems period either! I must just have a good luck when it comes to buying great guns! and two shotguns, only bad thing is the weatherby O/U only holds 2 shells at a time...:(

Quote Originally Posted by tbone1964 View Post
    Well good for you, and I to have owned a nice Sig 40 and a Beretta 92, great weapons, got more for them than I paid, but since I did have minor trouble with both, I would never carry one, also had trouble with a Kahr, and I absolutly DO NOT buy that BS about 200 or more rds to break in a new pistol, out of 6 glocks, I have never ever had a screw up from the first shot, honestly the trouble with the others was they did not seem to like steel cased ammo, and I also think if there was a cartridge made of cardboard the glock would fire it, and aside from the fact that the Sig and Beretta have several safety features that I do not care for, try useing one of them for a Wheel Chock, and see if it still works afterward

a Sigma SVE 9mm was my first gun I liked it fired about 700 bullets through it. It was a nice gun but sold it and my next gun was a Glock 19 gen 3. While I miss the look of my Sigma I have become use to the black square Glock. If this will be your first handgun I say go with a Glock. They are easy to take apart and clean and are hard to mess up . My first Sigma was never cleaned in 19 months never had any problem with it. I know now that I should have been cleaning my gun after going to the shooting range. Since I don't want to worry about cleaning my gun after every trip a Glock was the perfect choice for me you can but 1500 round through it and it will still fire without needing to be cleaned.

Lol I hear too many ppl say glocks are good, and bad. I have never and will never own one. From the time I heard about ny pd glocks jammed and they got rid of em, that was good enough for me and my future decisions. I have a beretta 96 FS VERTEC .40, carried it for 6 years.NEVER HAD ONE PROBLEM. I don't clean it every time I shoot at the range and I go through 4-600 rounds every trip. I also have a sigma 9VE, a MP9 pro, MP 15 22, DPMS AR15-M4, and an old marlin . 22, cpl of shotguns. I take care of them, clean them from time to time but not after every trip. Never any problems whatsoever with any of them. When I do clean them its thorough and I make a day out of it. I usually go to the range 3-3 times a month and clean 2-3 times a year unless I'm board or they are very dirty. To me glocks are best when seen in the shelf or online. What sucks is they have way more unlimited accessories compared to any of my others. Now I'm moving on to suppressors. Until I find another good deal. I always search and research before I buy and budsgunshop.com has the best deals and prices I have ever seen. I only paid $250 for my sigma if that tells you anything. I always hear ppl talking about trigger pull, every gun will be different just get used to what you have and make minor mods if that squat you want. Now I'm looking into a beretta M9, would like to find one used just for the price. I xan always make mods if needed. Besides if the military is stil carrying these, then hell, it's gotta be a good gun. The only thing that sucks abou my 96 is accessories are limited and price of ammo for the .4O cal is up there. Other than that, become skilled and knowledgeable about the guns you have and do your research. Just don't buy off name guns too many problems down the road, and that's from experience not hearsay. I have to problem spending $500 for a nice piece but don't see the light of day for paying for a kimber, I have seen a few malfunction but if you like looking at it through a case go ahead. Me... Never I like to shoot and hunt so take it for what it's worth, and have a blast! I know I do. Now all I need is a compact or a sub like the xdm, or para hog, might be my next if I can find the right one priced just right!

7. I like the way all these glock fans talk about other weapons.
    Im not sure they know what their talking about, but----
    I have a sigma 9 and a 40, no prob. I also have a m15-3 its good too

8. Sometimes I wonder if these glock fans go as far as have intercourse with their guns. You guys really take it to far. I would put glock in the same ballpark as Sig, beretta, Springfield, kahr and other similarly priced handguns, yet each have their owns strengths and weaknesses. One person will have a malfunction with a Sig and none with a glock while another has a malfunction with a glock and none with a Sig. Both are great guns but NO manufacturer is perfect. This is fact. Glock is not better than Springfield and Springfield isn't better than beretta. They are all quality guns. If you have a malfunctioning unit, get it fixed.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567