S&W sigma
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W sigma

S&W sigma

i'm thinking on buying a s&w sigma 9MM... does anyone own one if so what's the pros and cons
    i held one it felt nice for $399 isn't a bad price
    The only bad gun, is a empty one.

From what I've read and heard people say it's a dependable gun. It doesn't offer anything fancy, but it doesn't pretend to. Only major issue (and it's really minor) I've read about is a somewhat excessive buildup in the striking mechanism from the brass. The other issue is the trigger, of course there are probably ways to lighten it, depends on if you can allocate that into your cost if you pick it up.

Do you have a specific model number? If I remember correctly this is a used gun, new models are going for about $450-$480. There are a lot of used Sigma's out there for under $350, so you may want to shop around. Or try and haggle with the shop you're at. If you can print off a paper showing the same gun for $320, tell the guy you've got another shop willing to have it shipped in for $20, if he wants your money he should come down on the price. It's a white lie, in the fact you don't necessarily have the deal lined up...but it seems to me the guy's gouging you a bit in the price int he first place, buyer beware and what not.
    Accipere quam facere praestat injuriam

The major issue with the signa is the trigger. Why pay to have the trigger fixed on a new purchase? Get a used Glock for the same money.

Cant help but to suggest my carry gun for your considration. Ruger P 95,9mm. If you are budget conscious and looking for a dead dependable pistola,at least give this one some consideration. They are dependable,double action first shot,single action for the remainder. Have a decent trigger pull in both,they HAVE A HAMMER, and most of the time you can find a new one for around 350 - 375$. They are a bit bulky to hide but there are ways. Good luck. God Bless.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

6. I'm glad I live in Texas; they're currently on sale down here for $299 new. (If you don't mind the ugly trigger pull.)

The saying everything is bigger in Texas is completely false. Everything but the prices. Other than Dallas every place down there I've been to has been insanely affordable. If only it wasn't Texas I'd actually consider moving there.

But seriously, even for $300 I think I'd pick something else. There are plenty of new and used guns you can get for that price that won't have such an unbearable trigger.
    Accipere quam facere praestat injuriam

I used to shoot regularly with a guy who had many guns, one of which was the Sigma. Nothing but trouble. We occasionally shot each other's guns and I hated that firearm. One thing that really bothered me about it was that it often ejected the casings straight back into my face or down the front of my shirt. Nothing like a hot shell casing on bare skin! The thing was prone to jamming and both of us could shoot the centers out of the target with our Barettas and other guns but that Sigma was all over the place.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

what about bersa
    The only bad gun, is a empty one.

My son just got his CWP last month and I'm buying him a firearm like I did for my other son. He's looking at the Bersa Thunder 45. I found one for $365 new in the box and I really like it. It looks good, feels good, nice compact size and the trigger pull isn't too bad. If he decides that it's the one he wants I'll post my thoughts on it.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    I used to shoot regularly with a guy who had many guns, one of which was the Sigma. Nothing but trouble. We occasionally shot each other's guns and I hated that firearm. One thing that really bothered me about it was that it often ejected the casings straight back into my face or down the front of my shirt. Nothing like a hot shell casing on bare skin! The thing was prone to jamming and both of us could shoot the centers out of the target with our Barettas and other guns but that Sigma was all over the place.
    I always wear long sleeved collared shirt, with top button fastened when on the range. Hot brass on your bare chest has a way of making one jump. Not a good idea with a loaded pistol in your hand.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast