Pocket .380 roundup - Page 4

View Poll Results: Which .380 pocket rocket do you think is best?

Voters
180. You may not vote on this poll
  • Diamondback DB380

10 5.56%
  • IMI "Micro" Desert Eagle

5 2.78%
  • Kahr P380

16 8.89%
  • Kel-Tec PTA3

30 16.67%
  • North American Arms "Guardian"

0 0%
  • Ruger LCP

55 30.56%
  • Sig Sauer P238

31 17.22%
  • Smith & Wesson "Bodyguard"

12 6.67%
  • Taurus PT738 "TCP"

9 5.00%
  • Bersa Thunder

23 12.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Pocket .380 roundup

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    Just added the Bersa Thunder to the list to vote on.

I voted for the Ruger LCP. That's the only one I have an I carry it quite often. I just love that little gun.
    Luke, have you shot the little Taurus 738 yet? if you get a chance you need to, most everybody that I run into that has shot both guns would prefer the taurus, noticably less felt recoil, and the slide locks back on the last shot, the LCP does not

3. re: Taurus TCP comment for Rocketgeezer...

RG...I have shot the TCP, and I have to agree that there is less felt recoil and better followup control to it than the LCP, and the P3AT. It also feels more ergonomically friendly to me. I like the fact that all Taurus pistols are +P rated, TCP included, which allows one to safely shoot the hot Cor-bons, mag-safes, and extreme shocks, unlike the LCP and P3AT. I can even almost get used to the neo-european, new fangled looks and design. Only one thing bothered me about this pistol.......The magazine release is not recessed, and sticks out too much for my comfort. Also, it was very sensitive. During shooting, several times I barely brushed it, and the magazine dumped right out. I tried it out as a pocket carry several times, and four out of six times that I drew it from my pocket, the magazine was loose, and had to be re-installed. That kind of gave me the willies! I think Taurus has a damned good idea here, but the engineers need to re-work that magazine catch to make it much more reliable.......it wouldn't be pretty as is under stress. Other than that, I would definitely choose it (no offense - just an opinion) over the LCP and P3AT. If anyone can rent one for an hour, by all means, check it out!

4. Newsflash for .380 lovers.......

Anybody remember Iver Johnson? Well.... they're back up and running out of Rockledge, Florida!!!. Currently, they're selling 6 versions of the 1911 .45, a .22 conversion kit for said gun, and have announced that they're going to be coming out with a dedicated .22 cal style 1911, a remake of the grand old M1 .30 carbine, and lo and behold.......they're going to revive the old "PO380", the former Spanish made clone of the Colt Pony .380. Granted, it's not a COLT, but if it shoots well and is affordable, us working class folk can get one until we can work our way up to the Sig 238, or even the occasional reasonably priced Used Colt Pony .380. I love the looks of that Sig, but until I can heal up some of my "Recessionary Wounds", it's penney-pinching for this 'ol boy.....

All of these posts (including my earlier post) prove one thing, everyone has their own personal favorite, and ain't it great? There isn't one ugly Glock in the whole playing field...

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    All of these posts (including my earlier post) prove one thing, everyone has their own personal favorite, and ain't it great? There isn't one ugly Glock in the whole playing field...
    Now come on Ed, be honest, if Glocks 380 was imported into this country, it would be a hot potato

The better half seen the LCP yesterday at our reg gun shop, it had engraveing on the slide, looked nice, I told her it had a bit more recoil than the T-738 but she wanted it, thats one thing I will never ever argue with her on, buying a gun especialy handguns, because I know later on if she really does not like it I can trade it for something I wanted

One nice shooting and handling little .380 didn't make the list, a Colt Mustang. I have had one and carried it off and on for years. Good little gun.

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    Just added the Bersa Thunder to the list to vote on.

I voted for the Ruger LCP. That's the only one I have an I carry it quite often. I just love that little gun.
    Luke, how many rds have you run thru thr LCP until you were confident with it to carry, we have a little over 100 thru it right now, with no trouble out of the last 4 or 5 mags, we like the little gun but until I can run a couple of boxes thru it with no hiccups dont think I want to trust it, biggest deal was FTE, with a couple of FTFs, I dismissed this as it just being a new gun and needing to be broken in

I purchased the Kel-Tec 9 yrs. ago! It bites my hand when i shoot it. Ruger came out with the LPC, a more refined little gun. I bought 2 of them and have carryed the ruger since.
    I wanted the Sig P238 and had one on order over 6 months, purchased one last week. I have the Equinox. This is my new carry, love the way it looks and shoots. It's 5 oz. more in weight but much less in recoil. I have run about 200 rds. through and love it.

Safety Harbor, Florida since 2006 Waterloo, New York before 2006.
    The best one is not on your list, in my opinion it is the Sig P238, I have a Equinox now, had a Ruger LCP for my wife and after she shot the Sig we sold the LCP and ordered another Sig P238. Very accurate and fun to shoot.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast