best gun for a woman? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: best gun for a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by jbarnwell22 View Post
    glock fan do you know of any ranges i can take her to around birmingham al ot rent weapons for her to try
    I did a Google search. According to their website, they're the only indoor range in the Birmingham area. Alabama Training Institute & Pistol Range They have a "just for fun" tactical pistol match on Monday nights.

Happy shooting!

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

The best handgun for anyone is:
    One that feels right in your hand and allows you to shoot with skill, comfort, and consistency without fearing excessive recoil.

Try a few. Choose "The One", you'll know it when you shoot it.

Peace..
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

4. Women and semi-auto's? Next thing you know they'll be wanting to vote.

Wyoming was the first state to give women the vote.

They did it so some of them would move here.
    Right Arm of Wyoming - RKBA rock and roll.
    http://www.rightarmofwyoming.com

the most famous words from women , "I couldn't get it out of my purse in time".

Things happen quick.... and "in" anything, is not good... will slow you down .. and may end up in their hands rather than yours. Remember , unless you are already observing them because of the situation, they will already have the advantage to some degree... don't give them more of one.

As far as guns... get the one that you are comfortable with the way it shoots and operates. Whatever that is.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleks View Post

Things happen quick.... and "in" anything, is not good... will slow you down .. and may end up in their hands rather than yours. Remember , unless you are already observing them because of the situation, they will already have the advantage to some degree... don't give them more of one.

As far as guns... get the one that you are comfortable with the way it shoots and operates. Whatever that is.
    Unless it's a Jennings!

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Let's see, those women would be the ones who have had no training, and even less practice in their chosen carry method, correct... ?

I can refer you to several ladies who will very proficiently insure their safety, and well-being.....
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Let's see, those women would be the ones who have had no training, and even less practice in their chosen carry method, correct... ?

I can refer you to several ladies who will very proficiently insure their safety, and well-being.....

Anyone carrying for SD should carry on their person whenever possible. Training is good, and I don't doubt that there are women who are proficient drawing from a purse, but there are many other reasons why it's important to carry your SD firearm on your person.

gf

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Anyone carrying for SD should carry on their person whenever possible. Training is good, and I don't doubt that there are women who are proficient drawing from a purse, but there are many other reasons why it's important to carry your SD firearm on your person.
    gf
    Agreed... on person is best, but many ladies who purse-carry have never been made aware that they can shoot through the purse......I know of two ladies that have their gun in-hand inside their purse in certain situations.....

Situational awareness plays a huge part in self defense. A pistol in each hand is worthless if one doesn't recognize a threat that may require the deployment of the guns.
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Agreed... on person is best, but many ladies who purse-carry have never been made aware that they can shoot through the purse......I know of two ladies that have their gun in-hand inside their purse in certain situations.....

Situational awareness plays a huge part in self defense. A pistol in each hand is worthless if one doesn't recognize a threat that may require the deployment of the guns.
    Let's be clear that there are regular purses and there are gun purses, with a special compartment that securely holds the handgun (usually in a holster by gun type that is velcroed into the compartment) and keeps it from jostling around and mixing with the other purse contents. There is nothing wrong with the latter. My wife can get her handgun out fairly quickly. I agree that it would be better to have it concealed on your person but that is difficult for most women because of the curvature of their bodies and the varied clothing styles that they wear. Having one in the purse is better than having none at all.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast