Ruger LCR trigger

Thread: Ruger LCR trigger

Ruger LCR trigger

I was at a gun this morning and took the opportunity to handle an LCR, Ruger's poly framed snub nose small frame revolver which was pretty obviously designed for concealed carry.

I have a S&W 637 J frame snub nose airweight that I like OK, but I am not crazy about the trigger pull unless I have the hammer back to start with ... an option you don't even have with the LCR which has no exposed hammer.

So I asked the dealer if I could try the trigger on the LCR and I was more than a little surprised and how very nice and smooth (and light) it felt.

Of course I'd read the reviews that mentioned the improved trigger geometry on the LCR but I had dismissed it as hype. Well, that was wrong. That trigger is really nice. Were I in the market for an additional small frame revolver for CCW or HD, I'd absolutely have the LCR high on the list. And it would make a sweet shooting gun for the ladies out there that are looking for a nice easy trigger pull with no surprises.
    I no longer trust my government to act on my behalf.

Almost 200 rounds now.

The trigger is nice, but the recoil is very sharp! Even with very light wadcutters.

A shooting glove is a good idea.

-Doc

4. Over a thousand rounds and i love it. Recoil is firm but not too bad. I don't use a glove but i also don't shoot +P much.

I agree with Bighouse Doc. I have over 500 rounds in mine, mostly .38 sp. The CT grips add a challenge to handling with +P and it is still snappy with FMJ. All in all it's a great carry or BUG for me.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    Almost 200 rounds now.

The trigger is nice, but the recoil is very sharp! Even with very light wadcutters.

A shooting glove is a good idea.

-Doc
    I have close to 1000 rounds through mine, about a quarter of that was +P. I am 53 and find the recoil to be quite manageable and I never use a glove. Once you get a few hundred rounds through it, it function flawlessly. I love it. I don't carry it a lot now but how easy to hide can you get? This is not a gun I would take into a rough area as my primary weapon, but it would go along as a BUG.

7. Trigger on the LCR

I asked the gunsmith today if you could adjust the trigger force and he said at this time, there are no kits available to adjust the spring, etc. Anyone know differently?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by powergator View Post
    I asked the gunsmith today if you could adjust the trigger force and he said at this time, there are no kits available to adjust the spring, etc. Anyone know differently?

Thanks.
    First of all why would anyone want to change the trigger pull? The LCR has on of the best factory double action trigger pulls on the market. The first time I picked one up I was surprised like everyone else. After looking at the breakdown, yes it can be changed. A good gunsmith could either lighten it up or make it heavier.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

9. Good Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    First of all why would anyone want to change the trigger pull? The LCR has on of the best factory double action trigger pulls on the market. The first time I picked one up I was surprised like everyone else. After looking at the breakdown, yes it can be changed. A good gunsmith could either lighten it up or make it heavier.
    Because I like smooth trigger pull...and its.my gun...:)
    Seriously though, its smooth but a bit strong. 2" barrell doesn't help with accuracy so it might help keep it closer to the bullseye some.

Thumbs up Love My LCP

I opted for the LCP and I just Love It!! Nothing to hang up coming out of my pocket
    On April 1, 2009, the Georgia State Senate passed Resolution 632 (SR632) “Affirming states’ rights based on Jeffersonian principles.” The vote was a resounding 43-1, with 12 not voting or excused