Best way to carry a Snub Nosed revolver?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best way to carry a Snub Nosed revolver?

Best way to carry a Snub Nosed revolver?

I have a Ruger SP-101 and Taurus 357 revolver. Both have exposed hammers. If I would like to carry one concealed, what are your recommended methods to do so (ie ITWB, Pocket, etc)?
    www.holstershock.com

Tell 'em CDR Glock sent ya!

Opinions vary, Colonel, and comfort will dictate. I have a Galco OWB holster as well as a Fobus paddle for my S&W Mdl. 60. They're both comfortable and concealable (enough) for me, at 6'0" and 215lbs. At the same time I have an ankle holster for it, too, that was a waste of money. Tried it on, took it off, and never took it out of the drawer again. This is why most of us have a box somewhere with a small cache of not-quite-right holsters gathering dust. I'm sure you'll accumulate yours, too. Have fun!

P.S. - Welcome to the Forum.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32° & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Revolvers are more reliable then semi-auto pistols.
    Steel revolvers weigh more then the feather weight, or alloy ones. However the lighter weight the more recoil.
    I carry one in a pocket holster.

I have an inexpensive paddle holster. It works, and is comfortable. However, I would prefer another holster with a retention strap. Having my firearm removed by a bad guy is not a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Opinions vary, Colonel, and comfort will dictate. I have a Galco OWB holster as well as a Fobus paddle for my S&W Mdl. 60. They're both comfortable and concealable (enough) for me, at 6'0" and 215lbs. At the same time I have an ankle holster for it, too, that was a waste of money. Tried it on, took it off, and never took it out of the drawer again. This is why most of us have a box somewhere with a small cache of not-quite-right holsters gathering dust. I'm sure you'll accumulate yours, too. Have fun!

P.S. - Welcome to the Forum.
    Got quite a box myself.

-Doc

My titanium Taurus .38+P is very light but ported to take up some of the recoil and stop the flip. I carry in a Galco pocket holster. If I place my thumb behind the hammer as I draw it out it will not snag. If I had it to do over I'd get a shrouded or bobbed hammer. But I can carry with this setup in the skimpiest of attire.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

ok i have a question to add to this, when u are carrying and the gun prints, do you still leave your house with it printing or do you try somthing new?? like ie. a fullsized glock or similar in a blackhawk serpa holser on ur belt.

does printing really matter??

With steel frame revolvers I prefer an OWB variant with a 1.5” belt option. With so many variables to consider, I’ve narrowed down my own priorities to comfort and dress code. Others’ may be more concerned with security and concealable features, whereby an IWB is better suited. These are the factors I considered before purchasing.

OWB Pros:
    Weight distribution & bearing surface
    Wardrobe pant/belt size consistency
    Easier panic draw & re-holstering

IWB Pros:
    More concealable
    Improved security

Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

In the Galco holster if it prints (and it rarely does) it looks like I'm carrying a wallet in my front pocket.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

10. Quote Originally Posted by aj's 40 cal View Post
    ok i have a question to add to this, when u are carrying and the gun prints, do you still leave your house with it printing or do you try somthing new?? like ie. a fullsized glock or similar in a blackhawk serpa holser on ur belt.

does printing really matter??
    I find even when it prints in my front pocket (loud enough for everyone in a five mile radius) no one see's it. Maybe cause they are not looking for or expect it. What we call printing is just a buldge to most people.

I carry a S&W 360 feather weight 357 magnum IWB in the appendix position. No one has a clue.
    Signature:
    Luke 22:36 He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Vinnie <>< John 3:16

Look at these. Although I have a auto loader, the way the holster is made would work good for revolvers too.

Crossbreed Holsters > Home

Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast