Whats next to you
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats next to you

1. Whats next to you

I own and shoot an XD40, 5" Tactical, DB380 (mouse gun) and SA M&P 15-22.
    The 40 is sweet to fire, great groups and so eazy to handle.
    The DB380, on the other hand, is a wicked kicker that seems to fire low at 30 feet.
    Is this to be expected or am doing something wrong.
    The 15-22 is a BLAST to shoo. My youngest son and I zeroed it and proceeded to place 15 round groups on a dime at 30 feet. If you want a cheap shooting gun this is it.

That 15-22 looks like a cool gun. I've been wanting something like that for a while. It may be my next one. As far as the 380, I'm not really sure about that. I've got a cheap little 380 that is good for about 15-20 feet, but I've never tried it past that. You may want to call the maker and see what they say it's supposed to be. I didn't try mine any further just because I never intended it to be used for anything more than ten feet in front of me.

4. Wicked kickers usually shoot low because they induce jerking the trigger and flinching in the shooter. CBear

5. What's next to me? My Mini-14 is leaning against the wall next to my desk, with the Butler Creek folder extended. It's not loaded, but there are three Ruger factory 30s loaded on my desk.

The .45 Baby Eagle is across the room in my nightstand, in Condition 3. None of my other weapons are ready to fire at this time.

A bunch of disorganized papers, coffee mug and two carry devices. For what its worth, my primary gun is resting in a secure place in my bedroom. Thanks for the nudge, as I have to clean this makeshift office of mine!
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

my taurus pt1911 locked and loaded 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by cbear View Post
    Wicked kickers usually shoot low because they induce jerking the trigger and flinching in the shooter. CBear
    Anticipating the recoil...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

wolfhunter Guest
    Para Warthog, 3 knives, a cane, and two flashlights. Along with this is the aforementioned typical desk clutter.

My "house gun" is sitting about 6 ft away, locked and loaded. It's a full-size HK45 with a tac light. It's my insurance policy against thugs coming into my nice neighborhood and attempting to ruin my day.

11. "clutter on the desk" ...."house gun" beside desk 10 gauge /w 3 inch magnums buckshot in "my reach" kids in house ! my trusty Ruger LCP in my pocket 24/7 that goes bang every time i pull the trigger ! and if the lords willing and the creeks dont rise hopefully i can get to the gun cabinet if the other 2 dont change the intent of the bg's

Mike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast