Catridge ejecting at me
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catridge ejecting at me

Catridge ejecting at me

I have a ParaOrdnance P-14 it loads without issues and is very accurate. However, some of the cartridges eject at me - occassionally hitting me on the forehead, my shooting glasses and into the front of my shirt.

This happens independent of load (FMJ or Jhp). It happens with Weaver and Isosceles stances.

What is going on? What can I do to fix it?
    www.holstershock.com

Tell 'em CDR Glock sent ya!

How many rounds have you fired? My new M&P did that for the first 200 rounds or so but once it got broken in it no longer did it. Once in a while it will eject one right over my head but I think it's more my poor grip than it is the gun. But you may want to check for crud build up underneath your extractor just in case.
    Why are you worried about holding up the targets for me? It' s a 9mm!

Catridge ejecting at me

About 3000 rounds. I have had it since 1995.
    www.holstershock.com

5. It's the ejector, extractor or a worn recoil spring. It's not that big a deal (I'm left handed, I get hit by brass ALL the time from nearly every pistol I shoot). The most disconcerting thing that can happen is a piece of brass land behind your ear like a pencil because you are wearing ear plugs instead of the headphone type hearing protection. (That was done to me by a Colt Series 70 Combat Commander in 9mm.) I still have the scar from that one.

I have a burn on my chest from one of the shells. I didn't think much of it, when it flew into my shirt. However, after a couple of hours it must have bubbled up.
    www.holstershock.com

Quote Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post
    I have a burn on my chest from one of the shells. I didn't think much of it, when it flew into my shirt. However, after a couple of hours it must have bubbled up.
    CDR, wear a bikini top to catch those fliers. You know how much brass costs these days?

Quote Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post
    ...some of the cartridges eject at me - occassionally hitting me on the forehead... What can I do to fix it?
    Wear a hat... Getting forehead 'smilies' is just part of range time!!

Catridge ejecting at me

You guys are too damn funny.

It's just not a SD unless I get resolution. It may get replaced by a Glock 45 ACP.
    www.holstershock.com

Try locking your wrist a little more when you fire. You may be limp wristing it a little and that will cause the brass to come back at you.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

More than likely it's your ejector or the recoil spring. If the ejector is broken, worn (shortened) or the recoil spring is not giving enough resistance, you can get the casing to the forehead or chest. Ain't fun. But keeps you from having to pick up your brass when it goes down your shirt. So what the hell are you complainin' about there CDR?
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast