Skyy Firearms
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skyy Firearms

Post Skyy Firearms

Does anyone have a Skyy firearm? I was looking at the CPX-1 TT they have and really like it what I see - although I have not actually held / shot one. It is incredibly inexpensive (~$300) and looks a lot nicer than the Kel-Tec (in my opinion anyway).

I'm interested in ya'll feedback on it. Thanks!

http://www.skyyindustries.com

Pictures from their website:

My Website: Nerd with a .45

I have read bad things about them. I don't put a whole lot of weight in these type things however. Here is a link that would probably provide you with all the info you could want.

http://www.skyyforum.com/
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Yes unfortunately...

Some people from Kel-Tec left the company to form Skyy. Note the same design as the Kel-Tec pistols.

A VP of Skyy went on a Kel-Tec forum claiming to be an average firearm owner with all sorts of praises for Skyy over Kel-Tec. He was made by the forum.

Given these two instances and a possible lawsuit against Skyy by Kel-Tec, I wouldn't touch Skyy with a 10 foot trigger pull gauge or cleaning rod.

Any company that stoops to that level to get customers and also steals another company's designs is not worthy of my business. If I was an FFL, I wouldn't order or stock Skyy products.

Never heard of it, but it looks nice. For inexpensive, you might also want to consider a Bersa. To me, they're even prettier.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

To me, marketing styles don't matter. I want a quality product, and the best bang for the buck. I've crused the Skyy forums, and don't see any negative feedback so far. I guess I need to find someone that has one, and go shoot it.
    My Website: Nerd with a .45

Some are changing the grip out with a Kel-Tec grip. It feels better and eliminates the useless safety. I've passed up several because of some bad feedback. For about the same price you can get a Kel-Tec.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

8. I have carried a SKYY CP-1 for about a year. I shoot at my local range about twice a week. I have never had a hitch with it. I bought the skyy because it comes with two magazines and it has a stainless slide and barrel. I also like the captive recoil spring and the safety.My problem with Kel Tec is the fluff and buff that has to be done to make most of them run smooth right out of the box. As I said I have about 6,000 rounds thru mine and it is still running as good as it ever has. My best advice is buy one, shoot it and decide for yourself. My only drawback with Skyy is the fact that they don't advertise. I think if they would they would take a large bite out of the Kel-Tec market.
    Those that hammer their guns into plows will plow for those that did not. Thomas Jefferson

Just for info, SKYY is no longer SKYY. It's SCCY now. http://sccyfirearms.com/
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

It's a little smaller in terms of area than the PF9, but also thicker and heavier. Are there any specific advantages of this over the Kel-Tec?
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

My brother bought one at a local gun show about a month ago. I have fired it at the range and the gun has a long rather heavy trigger. It looks and feels better than a KelTec IMO, but I didn't really like the way it shot. The recoil was fairly snappy and the slide doesn't lock open when the last round is fired (ala Ruger LCP). I own a Bersa 380 that I am very happy with. It has a very nice trigger for an inexpensive pistol and if you can get past the .380 vs 9mm round, it is a much better gun for the money.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast