glok grip plug reservations - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: glok grip plug reservations

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    Headbanger...From way down town! I haven't seen you on here for a couple months.

Thanks for the advice. Since I use G31 mags in my G33, getting a grip on it typically isn't an issue. I had figured the plug would serve well to keep junk out of there in the first place, but I guess if that is coming straight from Glock, I can't really argue.

Yeah I still check in every now and then, but I also hang out on a survivalist board and talk about prepping. I'd do it here more, but there's not too much activity on the Survival Related part of the forum. Plus, I 've been working some extra hours on a part-time job and it eats into my internet time. Later....
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

This has been talked about endlessly on one of the Glock forums; discussed by some folks that are genuine experts on Glocks. After one dispenses with all the "I think this or that" because of "this or that", it boils down to personal preference.

I have them in all five of my Glocks. I like them and like the looks. I pulled one of the plugs on evening, just to check on something. After over 3,000 rounds through that particular Glock, there was not even a trace of powder residue or any other dirt, residue or debris in that part of the grip.

If Glock designed this void in the grip to hold the stock on a full automatic pistol designed to be used in CQC situations, you'll have a bit of trouble convincing me that plugging that hole will yield to any problems or issues whatsoever.
    I no longer trust my government to act on my behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by kda View Post
    This has been talked about endlessly on one of the Glock forums; discussed by some folks that are genuine experts on Glocks. After one dispenses with all the "I think this or that" because of "this or that", it boils down to personal preference.

I have them in all five of my Glocks. I like them and like the looks. I pulled one of the plugs on evening, just to check on something. After over 3,000 rounds through that particular Glock, there was not even a trace of powder residue or any other dirt, residue or debris in that part of the grip.

If Glock designed this void in the grip to hold the stock on a full automatic pistol designed to be used in CQC situations, you'll have a bit of trouble convincing me that plugging that hole will yield to any problems or issues whatsoever.
    The plug may not have had dirt or residue after 3000 rounds, because powder residue does not exit through that area, unless there would be an extensive build up of residue or it was "attached" to other dirt and debris. If after you shoot your 3000 rounds of ammo on your nice clean pistol range, and it's not dirty is one thing. However, the pistol was developed for hard use. Military and Law Enforcement use. Specifically the Austrian Military Pistol Trials. Rolling around in the mud, dirt, sand, snow and water use. THAT is when we'll see how your nice clean Butt Plug will work. That was my point. If you have a target pistol, then fine, go shoot your paper. If you have a pistol that you may defend your life with, as I have, then you do not know what "activities" will be taking place BEFORE you have to shoot that gun. Like I said, I was trained as an Instructor BY GLOCK in the beginning, and this was the reasoning behind it.

Last but not least. The CQC purpose driven stock you are talking about, AND the Glock 18 select fire pistol were not even 'Born" at the time the first pistol, the Glock 17 was designed, developed and put on the market. That came later. The stock came MUCH LATER. The stock was developed around the hole and as method of attachment to the pistol. I shot one of the first Glock 18's when the first marketing guy was traveling around the country showing it off. I had been shooting a G17 for quite a while before that. Whoever convinced you that the hole was put there for the stock, has no idea what he is talking about. Just sayin.'

Headbanger makes sense. My own experience confirms his statements: I used a plug for a while on my G21 and quit using it when I found some debris trapped in the area above the plug.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Headbanger makes sense. My own experience confirms his statements: I used a plug for a while on my G21 and quit using it when I found some debris trapped in the area above the plug.
    We had the same thing happen with our Officers when I was a LEO/ Firearms Instructor. Problem is, when you reholster your pistol, it all runs back up toward that funnel area towards the mechanism. It's designed so that water or mud runs out quickly if you fall in or wrestle around in it and have to shoot or whatever. Not saying your gun would be disabled if it happened and you use a plug, but why chance it. We've found over the years, with many examples, that the Glock works and works well....IF.... you leave it alone, and stop putting toys, play-purties, flags, bells and whistles on it. I would never change anything other than Night Sights or some kind of grip enhancement like the grip sleeve, if you want.

The only time I've seen Glocks consistantly fail, was when some guy had the so-called "Match" barrel (which we all need to shoot someone within 25 yards) , the super duper metal mainspring and guide rod, special Rambo trigger disconnectors, and trigger systems and what the Instructors called the "Butt Plug". You take all of the fancy do-dads off and replace it with the original gear he took off of it, and PRESTO!!! The gun actually works. Seen it a million times on the my range, Gunsite, SWAT Schools and Thunder Ranch. Nothing is worse than Cops trying to out-do each other with pistol goodies and falling for their marketing hype.

Again folks, I'm a die-hard 1911 guy. I really like the expensive ones, too. Raised with one in my hand. The only other gun I would consistantly grab, carry or tote to defend my life with, is a Glock. If you dumped me off in the middle of "no-where", the jungle, the desert, the ocean, whatever. And I could choose one handgun to carry, it would be a Glock. Because I have found that the Glock works in all conditions I have been in, if you leave the damn thing ALONE!!! Good luck and be safe.[/
    COLOR]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12