Hi Point Firearms (MKS) Sale
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Hi Point Firearms (MKS) Sale

  1. Hi Point Firearms (MKS) Sale

    Check out the web site they sale the handgun for $149.95 .


    Hi-Point Hand Guns (Pistols)
    Product ID: 6400
    UPC: 752334091505
    MFG ID: C9HC
    Hi Point 9 MM Compact Pistol, 916HC, Black Finish, Double Action, 3 Dot Adjustable Sights, Thumb Safety,Hard Case, 1 Magazine
    $149.95



    http://www.glockworld.com/item/6400_...to_Pistol.aspx
    NRA Life Member

  2.   
  3. #2
    I have had a lot of this in my CCW class lately. A lot of them seem to jam alot and a few have been a real pain to clear. I would not want to carry one for personal protection.
    They are also very heavy. But for a gun to target shoot or intro a new shooter that is worried about recoil not to bad.
    NRA CRSO and Instructor: Certified Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Certified Home Firearm Safety, Refuse to Be a Victim
    SABRE Civilian Safety Awareness Program Instructor

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by LGH View Post
    I have had a lot of this in my CCW class lately. A lot of them seem to jam alot and a few have been a real pain to clear. I would not want to carry one for personal protection.
    They are also very heavy. But for a gun to target shoot or intro a new shooter that is worried about recoil not to bad.
    $149.95 is half a used Glock. LGH, you are correct about it being a heavy target gun that jams, and not a carry gun. Trouble is many newbies will buy this as their one and only firearm. If that moment ever happends, and they need their firearm to go "boom" instead of "clunk" they will be wishing they spent that $149.95 towards something else.
    I would steer new shooters away from this POS. They will think all firearms act like this, and will tell their friends, who will tell their friends, and so on.

    Cheap guns are just one of the reasons the brady bunch is out to ban them all.

    Cheap Gun, Will Travel: Germany's RG Industries, Inc - TIME

    The Gun that Killed John Lennon - Unearthing a Relic

    Kennedy turned to his left and shook hands with busboy Juan Romero as Sirhan Sirhan stepped down from a low tray-stacker beside the ice machine, rushed past Uecker, and repeatedly fired what was later identified as a .22 caliber Iver-Johnson Cadet revolver

    In March 1963, Lee Harvey Oswald, alias "A. Hidell", purchased a 6.5 mm caliber Carcano rifle (also improperly called Mannlicher-Carcano) by mail order.[1] He also purchased a revolver by the same method.[2] It is officially accepted that this was the rifle that was used in the Texas School Book Depository in Dallas, Texas to assassinate United States President John F. Kennedy

  5. I trust a $150 gun as much as I trust a $150 car.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    edge of freedom
    Posts
    424
    my son just got the .45 it's real heavy with a big grip but, the trigger is nice and it shot accurately without a hiccup.I'm ordering the 9. for that price maybe 2.

  7. Hi-point quality seems to be hit or miss. I ve heard of guns getting jammed every 3rd round or so and i know a guy who target shoots his and has had 1 ftf out of 2000+ rounds. and that was because of a dented case that he thought was ok.

    That plus their lifetime guarantee warrant at least a look-see.

    As for me, I have tried holding the .45 and it was too bulky. I think i will stick to my XD45

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by twogunwilly View Post
    my son just got the .45 it's real heavy with a big grip but, the trigger is nice and it shot accurately without a hiccup.I'm ordering the 9. for that price maybe 2.
    That would make you fourgunwilly?

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    $149.95 is half a used Glock. LGH, you are correct about it being a heavy target gun that jams, and not a carry gun. Trouble is many newbies will buy this as their one and only firearm. If that moment ever happends, and they need their firearm to go "boom" instead of "clunk" they will be wishing they spent that $149.95 towards something else.
    I would steer new shooters away from this POS. They will think all firearms act like this, and will tell their friends, who will tell their friends, and so on.

    Cheap guns are just one of the reasons the brady bunch is out to ban them all.

    Cheap Gun, Will Travel: Germany's RG Industries, Inc - TIME

    The Gun that Killed John Lennon - Unearthing a Relic

    Kennedy turned to his left and shook hands with busboy Juan Romero as Sirhan Sirhan stepped down from a low tray-stacker beside the ice machine, rushed past Uecker, and repeatedly fired what was later identified as a .22 caliber Iver-Johnson Cadet revolver

    In March 1963, Lee Harvey Oswald, alias "A. Hidell", purchased a 6.5 mm caliber Carcano rifle (also improperly called Mannlicher-Carcano) by mail order.[1] He also purchased a revolver by the same method.[2] It is officially accepted that this was the rifle that was used in the Texas School Book Depository in Dallas, Texas to assassinate United States President John F. Kennedy
    Nice articles about Lennon, Reagan and the explosive .22 caliber round. I recently saw a post that had a video clip of a woman (sorry, I forgot her name, but she's a doctor now) testifying in front on Congress when Brady was complaining about assault rifles. She pointed out that Brady was shot by a .22, not an assault rifle, to which nobody had a response to!

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    edge of freedom
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    That would make you fourgunwilly?
    more like 44gunwilly but who's counting

  11. #10
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Livingston County, Michigan
    Posts
    2
    I've owned two HiPoints, a compact 9mm, and a .40. The first three time the mags are used, they will misfeed. Load em all the way up, Empty them, Do it three times and you won't have the issue again. This will occure with every NEW magazine. You can squirt a bot of "Slick 50 One Lube" inside the mag, compress the spring a couple times and you're good so long as you don't "limp wrist" it.

    Mine worked fine with FMJ or HP ammo.

    The only thing I DIDN'T like about them was the take down for cleaning. It was such a pain I didn't nearly clean them enough. But even THIS didn't affect performance.

    I took second place in a bowling pin shoot competition with the .40, Outdoing guns that cost much, much more.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 160
    Last Post: 02-14-2013, 08:53 AM
  2. 3rd State Declares Sovereignty From BATFE
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-26-2010, 04:06 PM
  3. Gilbert firearms maker admits to illegal sale of weapons
    By RRGlock23 in forum Arizona Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 01:06 AM
  4. Montana fires a warning shot over states' rights
    By lukem in forum Montana Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-14-2009, 05:01 PM
  5. Glossary of gun related terms
    By DrDavidM in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 10:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast