Have Gun what now, GF issues - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: Have Gun what now, GF issues

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Metro Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    13
    Gary,

    Do you ever take her shooting with you? It seems to help remove the demonetization of guns. Guns are just tools of hunting, self defense, competition. They are items to be respected. Learning firearm safety and how to shoot seems to help remove the fear.

    Good luck, be patient and remember the decision to CC is personnel and yours to make.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Wolf, and JJ, shame on you. This man has a family, and actually communicates with his GF. Knock that crap off
    No, Ice, I'm deadly serious here. I have a family and I'm sure they would agree that I communicate with them. What I communicate about this issue is, however, that my position in non-negotiable. Just the way it is. I have the leadership role in protecting my family so it's my way. Has worked for a, so far, successful 30-year marriage.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

  4. #13
    wolfhunter Guest
    Sorry, Iceman. Sounds to me like SHE's raising three kids.

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    So, the little woman puts up a fuss about a gun?
    She has no right to do so because why? Because you say so? Because you have a pee-pee?
    What do you do when the ***** gets out of line?
    Slap her around some? Call her names? Take her shoes? Make her feel bad?
    Control her?
    Let her know who is boss?

    Hey boys, it is 2010. Wake up.

    Women have rights.

    It's not 1957, and your not Ward Cleaver.

  6. #15
    wolfhunter Guest
    Iceman, yes she has rights. Apparently she has the "right" to tell him how to dress.

    And, why'd you call his GF a B*^@# ?

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Iceman, yes she has rights. Apparently she has the "right" to tell him how to dress.

    And, why'd you call his GF a B*^@# ?
    I don't think the OP would call his GF that. That was directed at the cave men.

    Regarding her rights, she has plenty. They share a home. Vehicles. Even a couple of children. A firearm in their presence is a big deal.

    My advice is for the OP to work with his GF.

    Not treat her like she is his servant.

    It is 2010. Wake up.

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Get a new girl friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    How does that work? It's a new concept to me, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Does she lay out your clothes for you, too?
    Quote Originally Posted by WildBill44 View Post
    Grow a pair and make it clear WHO is in charge...
    As you may have already figured out from the above responses, you are not going to get alot of good advice from some of the troglodytes here. Like Iceman said, communication and I might add education is key. People tend to fear that which they do not understand. Has she been to the range with you?

  9. #18
    I carry CC alot and my wife doesn't always know. If you're CC, and doing it right, she shouldn't know either. No matter what anyone says, YOU NEED TO DO WHAT YOU THINK IS RIGHT. Not what anyone else thinks.

    I have spoken


  10. #19
    She is a [email protected]#ch. No matter what I tell her, she is total against me cc. I think she lives in a fansty world. I told her today stright out, that she deserves something bad to happen, because she wont let me carry to protect us.

    If I push the issue with her, I may get kicked out, I'm not sure I want to push it that far. BUT I want to CC, and I dont want her to say [email protected] about it.

    I'm lucy as it is, cause it's in the house. And no, she will not go to the range, she hates guns.

  11. It sounds like you guys have great communication in your very successful relationship. I wonder if she truly knows how important firearms and more importantly, carrying firearms is to you?

    If I were to have one suggestion... it would be to somehow, get her shooting!
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. List Of Minnesota Gun Ranges
    By lukem in forum Minnesota Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-13-2016, 10:49 AM
  2. Gun bans - Don't think it can happen, watch
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 191
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 02:28 PM
  3. Gun Sales Rise 30 - 40 Percent in recent weeks...
    By gdcleanfun in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-09-2008, 02:04 PM
  4. CNN Pushes Gun Control in Philadelphia, Blames Concealed Carry for Crime
    By lukem in forum Pennsylvania Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 10:39 PM
  5. Obama on Gun Control, McCain on Gun Control
    By tracker in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 10:45 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast