Maryland/DC Carry?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maryland/DC Carry?

1. Maryland/DC Carry?

Hey folks, new to the site and I had a few questions. I'm currently serving overseas but plan on separating in 6 months and moving either to the DC area or Maryland. From what I've been able to gather in my research neither places seem to friendly on concealed carrying. I'm qualified expert on 9mm and M16 and would like to carry. I'm from a small town in Iowa and am not to used to city life and would like to protect myself and significant other if the unfortunate opportunity arose. Any tips or pointers from anybody that lives in these areas on how to carry? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 2C1H View Post
    Hey folks, new to the site and I had a few questions. I'm currently serving overseas but plan on separating in 6 months and moving either to the DC area or Maryland. From what I've been able to gather in my research neither places seem to friendly on concealed carrying. I'm qualified expert on 9mm and M16 and would like to carry. I'm from a small town in Iowa and am not to used to city life and would like to protect myself and significant other if the unfortunate opportunity arose. Any tips or pointers from anybody that lives in these areas on how to carry? Thanks.
    I see a move to Northern Virginia as your only choice.

4. How can a place with such a crappy crime rate have such horrible carry laws? I mean I'm all about a fair fist fight before pulling a gun any day but I've learned all to often not to many people out there are fair.

Question I'm confused?

How can a place with such a crappy crime rate have such horrible carry laws? I mean I'm all about a fair fist fight before pulling a gun any day but I've learned all to often not to many people out there are fair.
    What is this "fair fist fight" to which you are referring? Being the type to never be the first to throw a punch, I can guarantee you that if I am forced to fight, there will be nothing fair about it. Biting, eye poking, hair pulling, and screaming like a girl are all on the table if I am backed into a corner.

Besides, what is fair about a military trained operator like you fist fighting a civilian like me?

Incidentally, thank you for your service!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

6. Ha, I guess I meant a fair fight as in, don't get your butt whooped an then get mad and run to your car and pull a gun, or pull a gun in the first place. If two people are going to hash out their differences it would be nice if they could do it old school but now a days people are quick to pull a gun as opposed to "being a man" but to each is own. Either way if you cant beat them join them, I would rather have one close by than not if I got put in that situation but it seems as if that's not going to be a possibility. My pleasure. Thanks for the info.

7. "The only unfair fight is the one you loose."
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

8. Appreciate the help guys!

wolfhunter Guest
    "Fair Fight"? No such thing. If you're losing, your tactics suck.

My momma always said, "Don't start any fights."
    My step-dad said, "If you ever lose a fight, I'll kick your @$$."
    When I turned 15, he changed the rules. Losing came to mean the other guy could walk away.

If you want a firearm, move to a non-communist state or district, where people have common sense. Which means avoid D.C. as handguns are basically illegal and long guns are darn near it. Marylands laws ain't much better.
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

2C1H Hope you have alternatives

I'm new here but I am Old enough to know that a sane person would not choose to reside within the confines of Md. or the D of C, these folks in charge have never heard of the Constitution or the Bill Of Rights. There are too many(Lets Hope It Stays That Way) other places that have a better point of view of Gun Ownership. Having ranted, let me say that it is my understanding that in Md. you have to be an individual who is forced, by profession, to carry large sums of cash or valuables in order to qualify and it is only while you have these valuables in your charge that you are allowed to be armed. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. If you are a LEO, things will, no doubt, be different.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast