Anyone carry a .22? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone carry a .22?

I've been using for a ccw the TAURUS PT25. Fits fine IWB, and I'm use to it. Next will be the C9 in a FOBUS holster. That I'm going to have to get use too!

3. When I don't want to lug around my SA XD .45 I strap on my Walther P22. It is far more accurate than the .45 but it is less reliable and it beats having nothing. Also as somebody mentioned earlier, it is illegal to carry anything other than a .22 on an North Carolina gameland.

4. If you're going to carry a .22, at least carry one that's RELIABLE !!!

I have enough handguns to carry anything from a .22 to a .44 Mag. At most times I carry my S&W Md. 469 in 9 M.M. But I have been known to carry my wife's S&W Md.63 in .22 Cal that I replaced the 4" bbl with a 2" bbl

Yes I am more then compentent with any handgun that I shoot to feel safe at close range for a killing shot with the Md. # 63 in .22 cal.
    Bill
    Last edited by sgtbill; 03-01-2009 at 03:06 PM. Reason: spelling

6. My sister-in-law carries a Dixie Derringer .22 Mag as her "stroller gun."

My understanding is that a nice .22lr subsonic in a nice supressed weapon is the carry of choice for many professional assasins, however if your not planning on getting into the biz professionally, then as noted a .380 which is smaller and lighter is probably the better choice.

Personally I have a Kel-Tec P-3AT and a Ruger LCP w/laser as carry guns

I personally wouldn't carry a 22 just for the fact that as was mentioned before if/when you were to have to actually use it in a live/die situation you probably wouldn't have the time to make the shot needed to stop the attacker & if he's juiced up on something you may only get 1 or 2 shots off and a gut shot from a 22 is not going to faze the attacker. If I get into this situation I want the attacker stopped & the threat removed without having to think about placing my shot in his heart/head.

9. Quote Originally Posted by 2beararms View Post
    My understanding is that a nice .22lr subsonic in a nice supressed weapon is the carry of choice for many professional assasins
    Many sources verify this. Mossad in particular used Beretta .22s during the 70s. Seemed to work for them.

My BUG / alternate carry is a Walther P22, mostly because I can't find a Beretta 87 anyplace.

Quote Originally Posted by Masada View Post
    Many sources verify this. Mossad in particular used Beretta .22s during the 70s. Seemed to work for them.

My BUG / alternate carry is a Walther P22, mostly because I can't find a Beretta 87 anyplace.

Don't think it was for police work. AFAIK, minimum caliber for LE use is a .25 auto, and this was only in EXTREMELY special circumstances. Back in the day, minimum caliber used was .38 special.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

11. Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Don't think it was for police work. AFAIK, minimum caliber for LE use is a .25 auto, and this was only in EXTREMELY special circumstances. Back in the day, minimum caliber used was .38 special.

gf
    Mossad wasn't doing police work :-)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast