Kimber versus EMP - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kimber versus EMP

1. ok ended up with the eclipse II ultra. It feels nice. off to the range.
    "Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Safety Harbor, Florida since 2006 Waterloo, New York before 2006.
    Quote Originally Posted by abush View Post
    ok ended up with the eclipse II ultra. It feels nice. off to the range.
    Great choice,enjoy it.:biggrin:

4. Quote Originally Posted by abush View Post
    ok ended up with the eclipse II ultra. It feels nice. off to the range.
    Very good choice! Love the Eclipse's I have the Ultra Stainless Raptor II.

I've personally alway's been a Springfield guy so the EMP suits me just fine in either 9mm Luger or .40 Smith.

Although I still carry a full size 1911, sometimes.
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

Looking for a good CC gun. I have full size 1911 and a number of 9mm (92fs and p226) all of which are just to big for CC.
    I donít like polymer guns so
    1. I went looking at the kimber line of 3 inch barrel pistols. The dealer actually said. "I would like to sell you a kmber .45 in 3 inch but they are totally unreliable and would recommend a Sig in .40 or even the p238 in .380" the .40 cal sig is still pretty big and the sig p238 feels way too small in my hands. I love the feel of the kimber.
    any thoughts?
    2. How about the Springfield EMP in 9mm any thoughts on that?

My goal is to have (in order of importance)
    1. Reliable
    2. Concealable
    3. Something that is small feels right in my hand
    4. Either 9mm or .45
    I'm a 1911 guy and I'll say that either or the Kimber/Springer should do ya right.

I don't get what the sales guy said. All I can say is, the Ultra that I have must defy the laws of averages then, cause it's been running from day one, right outa the box without a single problem. It's been said that the three inch 1911s are a little picky, but I'm thinking it's mostly from folks that would have similar problems outa a commander sized 1911 too. I could be wrong, but my Kimber has no feelings to hurt, so if it wasn't reliable he'd be sitting in the safe.

GTF

I've had a Kmber Ultra CDP II for over two years and fired a variety of ammo in it without any problems. I prefer to use Wilson magazines but the kimber seemed to work. The pistol has suprised me as I didn't expect the accuracy it has with a 3" barrel. I haven't fired the EMP but those who own them seem to be satisfied. If they were a problem, I'd expect to find used ones available.

8. Great gun

Ok put 200 rounds thru it had 4 failures to feed which were quick remedied by a quick re-rack on the slide. It could of been me with a bit of a weak grip those times. I did a quick 7 rounds rapid no problems.
    Also at 17 - 20 yards I was putting them in about a 6 inch groups if not better. So far the gun is sweeeeet!!
    "Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Ok put 200 rounds thru it had 4 failures to feed which were quick remedied by a quick re-rack on the slide. It could of been me with a bit of a weak grip those times. I did a quick 7 rounds rapid no problems.
    Also at 17 - 20 yards I was putting them in about a 6 inch groups if not better. So far the gun is sweeeeet!!
    I had a kimber ultra carry that did a lot of failure to return to battery until i put about 700 rounds through it, after that it was completely reliable. Shoot yours a little more and it will break in just fine and there will be no issues
    We would be better off with BORAT as PRESIDENT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by THE DUKE OF ESSEX View Post
    I wear a full size 1911 with extended slide in a shoulder holster and can easily conceal it just wearing a vest. If you need a small 45 some of the guys I shoot with have this pistol:Colt's Manufacturing Company LLC and love the way it shoots.
    I have a Colt Officer's ACP in .45 and it's small enough to hide and is great to shoot with lighter slugs 165-185gr vs. the 230gr. Accurate for 3.5" barrel.

New custom made holster that looks as comfortable as it feels makes it easy to carry IWB. I've been carrying it OWB for a short time and wanted to try it IWB.

High Performance Concealment Systems for the Professional
    Gary does great work and customer service is like calling a friend.

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

I've had the the Kimber Ultra Carry with the 3" barrel for 12 years - love it. It's a little on the heavy side when loaded, but I'll trade that for the "knock - down" power it has. Ammo is a little pricey, but I had considered that when I purchased it. A state trooper friend that buys large amounts of ammo at wholesale, and splits it with me, which is usually 2500 rounds. It's the gun I take to the range monthly and shoot 200 rounds and feel quite comfortable with this handgun, it's truly a gem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast