I've got it down to 2 pistols.

Thread: I've got it down to 2 pistols.

1. I've got it down to 2 pistols.

I'm trying to make a choice and I thought you fine folks could help me out some. I currently carry a CZ 75B full size but, recently, a S&W M&P 9mm thumb safety has caught my eye. Could I get your opinions of both pistols?

I like the way both pistols sit in my hand and I know I can shoot the CZ accurately. The M&P only brings a slightly higher magazine capacity (17 in the M&P, 16 in the CZ) but the amount of weight it sheds is remarkable. The polymer frame of the M&P isn't a detraction for me since I'm a previous Glock owner and shot it quite well. As I recall I traded the Glock (22C) for the CZ, I did so because of the porting on the barrel and my own penchant for shooting lead reloads.

If you can't make up your mind -- buy both!

A man can't have too many guns.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

I have both of them, and they are both excellent pistols. If you want to go with something in between check out the CZ75 SP01 Phantom or the CZ P07 DUTY. If I had to choose which to keep it would be the CZ every time.

I gotta go with the M&P...

I have a full size 45 and the 40 compact.. Love 'em both... Simple to use and reliable...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

I still prefer a hammer to striker fired pistols. I guess that's why I like the C.Z.'S so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Crow View Post
    I'm trying to make a choice and I thought you fine folks could help me out some. I currently carry a CZ 75B full size but, recently, a S&W M&P 9mm thumb safety has caught my eye. Could I get your opinions of both pistols?

I like the way both pistols sit in my hand and I know I can shoot the CZ accurately. The M&P only brings a slightly higher magazine capacity (17 in the M&P, 16 in the CZ) but the amount of weight it sheds is remarkable. The polymer frame of the M&P isn't a detraction for me since I'm a previous Glock owner and shot it quite well. As I recall I traded the Glock (22C) for the CZ, I did so because of the porting on the barrel and my own penchant for shooting lead reloads.
    I have the M&P 9c and love it!

8. After some more deliberation I decided to go with the M&P 9mm Thumb Safety.

Click to make big.

I'd go with the M&P. I have the 40c and I love the thing.

Have had a M&P 45 for a year. Have put alot of rounds through it and have never had a problem. Love it!