Smith and wesson bodyguard
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smith and wesson bodyguard

Smith and wesson bodyguard

Has anyone shot these new guns yet or seen them????????

3. Yup, I have and I like them.

I haven't gotten around to buying one just yet (my only small wheel gun right now is a pre-war Colt Detective) but I've shot a friend of mine's steel frame Bodyguard a few times. The built in hammer shroud makes it smooth to draw from a pocket but still gives you the option of thumbing the hammer back (that's best done with the off hand thumb since we are talking about a J-frame). I don't think his is +P rated (I don't know just how old it is because he got it from his father) but it shoots as well as any other J-frame I've handled.

Seen them, haven't shot them, but want one!

For those who haven't seen one, here it is, w/ laser sight.

Product: BODYGUARD® 380
    NRA Benefactor Member
    'Never argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level, and defeat you with experience!' --Dilbert

I wondered what you meant by new at first as the body guard has been around a long time. My wife carried one for years until it was stolen. I see now you are talking about a new semi and not the five shot revolver.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

7. Quote Originally Posted by Steve02C5 View Post
    For those who haven't seen one, here it is, w/ laser sight.

Product: BODYGUARD® 380
    Quote Originally Posted by Feimer74 View Post
    Has anyone shot these new guns yet or seen them????????
    Well, that changes EVERYTHING.

Then my answer is, no, I haven't shot one.

WARNING!!!!

RANT MODE FULLY ENGAGED!!!!!

What? Can't Smith come up with new names for new guns???? First the M&P stops meaning a K frame 38 with a 4 or 5 inch barrel and fixed sights like it's been for like the last 80 years to become a whole series of self shuckin' bottom feeders and now the Bodyguard- which has been a short barreled J frame .38 5 shooter with a built in hammer shroud for like the last 50 years- refers to a 7 shot shelf shucking .380. Not too long ago, Smith didn't even make a .380 at all!!

I swear, they are getting as bad as the car makers. For example, once upon a time, the 'Explorer' tag on a Ford meant it was a heavy duty pickup like a F150 4X4 off road/work package with a fancy paint job and a nicer interior- not the ill handling result of a pickup and station wagon's unholy union.

RANT MODE OFF!!!

It is now safe to let the womenfolk and small children back in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    y:

What? Can't Smith come up with new names for new guns???? :
    I hear ya! I came to this thread thinking he was talking about my beloved J frame.
    Never argue with an idiot. First they drag you down to their level then they beat you with experience!

handgonnetoter Guest
    I have only read an article or two on the gun. I like the idea of incorporating the laser into the gun from the factory. It is a little pricey though.

A pleassure to shoot

I have one and just love it. So far I have run about 3 boxes of ammo through it. There have been bo issues at all. I do find it a little difficult to take down. The take down pin is very tight but I imagine it will get better over time. The only other problem is that with any new model finding holsters is a little more difficult.

Fun to shoot

I have run about 3 boxes of ammo through it. I enjoy shooting this little powerhouse. I also have a Keltec P3AT 380. The S&W bodyguard has many more features and better sight options. Both are fine guns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast