New Purchase
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Purchase

1. New Purchase

I just picked up a FN Five seveN cant wait to see how it shoots the 5.7 rounds look awesome..Anyone shot one yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Localone View Post
    I just picked up a FN Five seveN cant wait to see how it shoots the 5.7 rounds look awesome..Anyone shot one yet?
    Yes. They are great to shoot, and pretty accurate at longer distances. Look at Elite Ammo when you are ready for ammo better than SS192, SS195LF, and SS197SR.

4. will do i picked up 1000 rounds of 197sr i will be looking for some elite rounds

I'm jealous! Oh well, guess I'll just have to be happy with with my Ruger P95 and my Sprinffield XDM in the mantime!
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Localone View Post
    will do i picked up 1000 rounds of 197sr i will be looking for some elite rounds
    Have fun shooting the rounds. The Elite Ammo is better, but the 197SR is cheaper to shoot. And unlike the 195, can also be stored for several years.

Just watch out about some ranges. Some won't let you shoot the FsN, and others will put you on the rifle range.

7. Shot 200 rounds today...love the low recoil and dead nutz accuracy...Had a blast

I don't own the pistol but I have shot it. The first time I shot it I was expecting more recoil but was suprised at how managable it was. I do have the PS90 and the 5.7 round is a lot of fun to shoot out of a bullpup!

Enjoy the new toy and post some pics for us to drool over!!!!!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

That is a great looking pistol. The round performance looks even more fantastic.

One draw back. Price of ammo.

Hopefully as more pistols go on line, the price will drop.

Can you reload for this round yet?

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    That is a great looking pistol. The round performance looks even more fantastic.

One draw back. Price of ammo.

Hopefully as more pistols go on line, the price will drop.

Can you reload for this round yet?
    Price of the ammo did go up several months ago, but you should be able to get SS197 for around $20/a box of 50.

You can reload the round. The appropriate supplies are available except you will have to reuse your brass. That isn't as easy as other calibers since the brass gets ejected pretty far from the gun when you shoot. But once you get the brass, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 442js View Post
    Price of the ammo did go up several months ago, but you should be able to get SS197 for around $20/a box of 50.

You can reload the round. The appropriate supplies are available except you will have to reuse your brass. That isn't as easy as other calibers since the brass gets ejected pretty far from the gun when you shoot. But once you get the brass, no problem.
    When at the outdoor range, I set up a tarp. Fire a couple of rounds, and have a spotter see where they go.
    Works well. Sure beats digging brass out of the dirt and grass.
    I have been reading about that pistol. I am excited about the concept.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast