Ruger SR9c?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Ruger SR9c?

  1. Ruger SR9c?

    These seem to be in short supply here in Buckeye Country. I'd like to know what y'all think about this weapon.

    I did find one at GM recently. They said they were selling for $500. How's that tracking with the rest of the midwest?

  2.   
  3. #2
    i have mine just over 1 month. here in ga its been a great every day carry.
    had 1 round not eject on 1st time shooting, 400 rounds later and that was the only prob

  4. #3
    500.00 is too much, I passed one up that was N.I.B. for 350.00 in Walbridge, Oh.

  5. In Texas, Academy is selling them for $449 with a 10-round flush-fit mag and a full 17-round mag with a grip extension.

    Looks like a really nice carry piece, just no second-strike if that matters to you. Not a big deal IMO as Glock and XD are the same way. The only thing that seems odd to me is that the small magazine only holds 10 rounds. It seems like it should hold a couple more, as it's not that much smaller than the full-size SR9 17-rd mag.

  6. Second Strike?

    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceFrank View Post
    In Texas, Academy is selling them for $449 with a 10-round flush-fit mag and a full 17-round mag with a grip extension.

    Looks like a really nice carry piece, just no second-strike if that matters to you. Not a big deal IMO as Glock and XD are the same way. The only thing that seems odd to me is that the small magazine only holds 10 rounds. It seems like it should hold a couple more, as it's not that much smaller than the full-size SR9 17-rd mag.
    I'm here for the educational opportunities (and they promised donuts). What is second strike? Do you mean that you cannot recock a hammer and pull the trigger the second time on a round???

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Dixie
    Posts
    1,225
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW-Ohio View Post
    These seem to be in short supply here in Buckeye Country. I'd like to know what y'all think about this weapon.

    I did find one at GM recently. They said they were selling for $500. How's that tracking with the rest of the midwest?
    If you are going to spend that kind of money on a striker fired pistol, why not get a 3rd generation Glock 26 or19? Perhaps an XD9? They are both extremely reliable. Yeah I know they are a little on the chunky side but with the right holster(s), they can be concealed comfortably.

  8. #7
    wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW-Ohio View Post
    I'm here for the educational opportunities (and they promised donuts). What is second strike? Do you mean that you cannot recock a hammer and pull the trigger the second time on a round???
    Yep, you get a passing grade on this quiz.

    Glockster ate all the donuts, sorry

  9. Yeah, I just meant it's not double action.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    If you are going to spend that kind of money on a striker fired pistol, why not get a 3rd generation Glock 26 or19? Perhaps an XD9? They are both extremely reliable. Yeah I know they are a little on the chunky side but with the right holster(s), they can be concealed comfortably.
    Okay, so I have a Glock 19 3rd gen. and an XD9 already. What are your thoughts on the "right holster" to conceal them comfortably?

    I confess: the thing with the SR9c is a little new gun lust. I bought my XD9 in about 2004 maybe. My other fascination buy could be a 1911. Gotta love all that metal!

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Dixie
    Posts
    1,225
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW-Ohio View Post
    Okay, so I have a Glock 19 3rd gen. and an XD9 already. What are your thoughts on the "right holster" to conceal them comfortably?

    I confess: the thing with the SR9c is a little new gun lust. I bought my XD9 in about 2004 maybe. My other fascination buy could be a 1911. Gotta love all that metal!
    Yeah I know what you mean about new gun lust I am eyeing a 1911 myself. As far as good comfortable holsters, I don't think you can go wrong with the Kholster or the Crossbreed Supertuck. I have a Kholster and I conceal a full size Glock 37.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Opinion Time: Taurus TCP vs. Ruger LCP
    By HootmonSccy in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 01:36 PM
  2. Ruger LCP does not like Fiocchi JHP
    By Magistrate PO in forum Handgun Ammunition and Reloading
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-16-2011, 06:05 PM
  3. Ruger SR9
    By Ozark_II in forum Handgun Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 12:25 PM
  4. Ruger LCP, Kel-Tec P3AT, S&W 442
    By CDW4ME in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 09:36 PM
  5. Ruger 22/45
    By airmanjwt in forum Handgun Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2009, 07:14 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast