Sig P220 Magazine question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sig P220 Magazine question

Update to the issue I was having. Very good cleaning of the mag, replaced springs and follows. SAME ISSUE! Noticed that it looks like some of the bullets is getting stuck on the way up. Is it possible that these mags just don't like these hollow points? I am going to check it with FMJ but has anyone seen this before?

-Capo-
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    Is it possible that these mags just don't like these hollow points?
    My P220 feeds the Speer Gold Dots just fine. What ammo is having the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    My P220 feeds the Speer Gold Dots just fine. What ammo is having the problem?
    I believe its remington hollow points. They were given to me as a gift. They definatly getting stuck, I end up having to pry them up with a pen.

If you're pretty sure there's nothing fundametally wrong with the gun or mags, I'd try experimenting with a few different types of ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    I believe its remington hollow points. They were given to me as a gift. They definatly getting stuck, I end up having to pry them up with a pen.
    The mags don't care if they are hollow points, if you have a caliper, check the overall lenght of the round.

When you say stuck do you mean across the width or length of the round?

Is the nose of the bullet jamming into the mag? If so make sure the follower is properly assembled.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by .45acp View Post
    The mags don't care if they are hollow points, if you have a caliper, check the overall lenght of the round.

When you say stuck do you mean across the width or length of the round?

Is the nose of the bullet jamming into the mag? If so make sure the follower is properly assembled.

Steve
    yeah I know they don't it just seems weird. Its getting stuck on the length of the round like right up at the nose. I have striped them down and set them up plenty of times and it is still occuring. I am going to try some different ammo and see if that makes a difference

8. I am having the same issue with my P220. I was also using Remington JHP. Did you resolve your issue using different ammo?

9. cleaning

start with a good cleaning and lube before spending on parts or replacements. Inspect them for damage if no dents or dings hit the range and see how they work. Lastly have you switched ammo ie; gone to a new brand softpt. to hollow pt. as sometimes this will cause problems.

10. there was a design change in the P220 .45acp mags, im not sure what year it was, but they added 2 divot/indents which stop the ammo from flipping around in the mag.
    a quick google search and i found this in the images. i read about it on the sig forum.
    if you look to the top left of the #2 there is a indent on the mag on the left, the older design does not have it (as seen on the right)
    im not sure when the plastic base plates were released, or if they were ever released without the indents.

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/2926/imgp1938ng8.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12