Taurus TCP 380 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Taurus TCP 380

And for those folks who love everything about the LCP except trigger pull, I've now shot over 400 rounds through mine, and the trigger pull is now excellent and getting better. Not one FTF, and only one FTE when I was first learning to shoot this tiny lightweight gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    And for those folks who love everything about the LCP except trigger pull, I've now shot over 400 rounds through mine, and the trigger pull is now excellent and getting better. Not one FTF, and only one FTE when I was first learning to shoot this tiny lightweight gun.
    No failures of anykind with mine either, and I too think the trigger pull is pretty good. It is also amazingly accurate for its size!

I bought my TCP in January 2010 and I love it! I've put over 300 rds thru it without a glitch! For those who love gripping about Taurus products - don't buy them! My daughter bought her LCP before I bought my TCP and hers has been back to Ruger twice, once for a recall and again because the magazine wouldn't eject! Go figure!
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

5. Thumbs up Just Had my Experience with TCP .380

Ok, I went to my local gun shop and was looking for a lightweight .380. I wanted to get the Diamondback or try the Hellcat, they sold the Hellcat and wanted too much for the DB. So I saw the Taurus PT738 TCP .380, I checked it out pretty thoroughly. ( Found later not thorough enough.) I took it home the 14th of Feb. 2011, and took it back the next day. When I got home I tinkered with it trying to get to know the gun a little better, but when it came to trying to disassemble, the DANG pin wouldn't come out. It was completely stuck. Took it back to the shop and let them try to remove it, they couldn't even get it. So they said they would send it the next day FEDEX to Taurus. So I walked away thinking oh well guess it just happens sometimes. Three days later I called the shop to confirm it was shipped, guy on phone says "you got the serial number", I gave it to him and then he said, " got it right here". I hung up phone and went straight there and talked to the owner, gave me a brand new TCP to trade out, it was the the Fiber Grip model. I was extremely happy and went right to the range. After my experience and reading all the horror stories, I was very happy at the range. I had only one FTF out of the 60 rounds I had shot through it. It ate the PMC ammo and the Hornady hollow points with no problem at all. So I must say I love the pistol. The pin was a defect for sure, but the one I have now performs gracefully proper!!! Go buy one, but inspect it, including the take down pin.!~!!!! Enjoy!!!

6. I've been through the mousegun category and sold them off. Too much in the hand. My KTP3AT was a REAL handful, way too much for my somewhat arthritic hands. I've kept the KTPF9 as my home-office hide-a-gun but graduated to larger-frame pistols, with a Bersa Thunder .380 on order as a warm-weather backup based on recommendations, or, with proper ammo, main sidearm. The rest of the year, 9mm hollowpoint or .45ACP IWB.

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Just another opinion. I know, I know, everybody has them they are like..
    Anyway I have a Ruger LCP amd a Kahr P380. I love the LCP. Very accurate little gun.
    As far as the Kahr, it is an expensive gun but the quality is there. Just like a big gun only smaller.
    Have you had any issues with the Kahr and lighter (non +p) loads? A local gun shop had one in the case and told me they had sold one but the purchaser had problems with it using standard-pressure loads. According to them Kahr suggests +p in this little gun (first time I've ever heard of +p being recommended). He did say that Kahr told them they were re-working the recoil spring assembly to allow it to function better with non +p stuff.

I have a Kahr PM9 and love the thing so I am not trying to bash Kahr in the least. They make a fine weapon.

SC Tiger > > > I haven't had any problems with the Kahr but have not put that many rounds through it. I have shot the LCP more and carried it more. I have the Crimson Trace Laserguard on it and it is like a toy to carry especially in the summer. ( I don't mean that as a negative). Planning to get the same laser for the Kahr. You will have me going back to the manual on the Kahr p380 to see what they say about +p ammo.

Just another reason I'll never purchase a Taurus. Despite knowing you get what you pay for, I loathe POS guns. They save you in the short run only to kill you in the long run.
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1775

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.357Sig View Post
    Just another reason I'll never purchase a Taurus. Despite knowing you get what you pay for, I loathe POS guns. They save you in the short run only to kill you in the long run.
    It would be nice if Glock would design a single stack .380 so that shooters would not need to resort to Taurus for a pistol of this type.

G50AE you like Glocks, some of us don't... I owned a G-22 a few years and only after 200+ rounds through it, the forward slid track broke. Glock fixed it, but only because they were getting a rash of Police Dept. Armourers sending theirs back for the exact same problem. When I got my G-22 back I traded it in for Taurus. I presently own a TCP that I carry daily, and it has performed flawlessly, (as have all of my Taurus'). I respect your right to be a Glock Owner, don't disrespect mine for owning Taurus guns. I own Rossi's, Beretta's, S&W's, and Rugers also, but I won't own another Glock!
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast