Taurus TCP 380 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taurus TCP 380

i have a taurus 738tcp for 3weeks shot 300 rds. with only 3 jams

Quote Originally Posted by postrican29 View Post
    i have a taurus 738tcp for 3weeks shot 300 rds. with only 3 jams
    Only 3? Hmmm. Good thing your life wasn't on the line in any of those 3 instances.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    G50AE you like Glocks, some of us don't... I owned a G-22 a few years and only after 200+ rounds through it, the forward slid track broke. Glock fixed it, but only because they were getting a rash of Police Dept. Armourers sending theirs back for the exact same problem.
    Um, probably fixed it because of their warranty and repair policy. While new guns have a 1-year written warranty, refurbished guns have a lifetime warranty. Beyond that, I have not heard of a single case...ever...where Glock would not fix a gun with a manufacturer's defect free of charge no matter how old or whether or not you were the original owner.
    Islander's Law: Registration is Preparation for Confiscation

handgonnetoter Guest
    I had the TCP, but did not like it as much as the LCP. I carry either my LCP with two spare mags or my older Bersa Thunder .380 with two spare mags. I just liked how the Ruger shot over the Taurus.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Um, probably fixed it because of their warranty and repair policy. While new guns have a 1-year written warranty, refurbished guns have a lifetime warranty. Beyond that, I have not heard of a single case...ever...where Glock would not fix a gun with a manufacturer's defect free of charge no matter how old or whether or not you were the original owner.
    Glock does make a .380, but do not sell it in the US. I don't know why for sure, but has probably something to do with importation laws and how the gun functions or is manufactured.

Beyond that, I have not heard of a single case...ever...where Glock would not fix a gun with a manufacturer's defect free of charge no matter how old or whether or not you were the original owner.
    I have heard of one case where Glock even went beyond that. A fellow in GA had a G21 that he had converted to .400 Corbon (Aftermarket barrel) and installed some aftermarkets parts including a Scherer 3.5 connector. Due to a reloading screw up his pistol blew up.

Glock REPLACED his pistol with a new G21 for $250 and even returned the aftermarket trigger connector. Glock did pump the guy for a lot of information on the why's and how's of this "experiment". I think Glock was basically thanking him for researching the feasability of a Glock in .400 Corbon.

So the refurbished guns have a better warranty than the new ones?

Wierd.

9. Talking Final followup!

Taurus sent me a third new gun. This one does not jam!

I guess the third gun is the charm!

Quote Originally Posted by robertisright View Post
    Taurus sent me a third new gun. This one does not jam!

I guess the third gun is the charm!
    Or you could have saved the trouble and gotten a Glock from the get go.

I guess some people like Glocks, to the point that they want every one of us to have one. They do not impress me, and I do not think I will ever buy one!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123