Range bag recommendation
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Range bag recommendation

Range bag recommendation

I have discovered the need for a range bag but I also have no idea on where to start. There seem to be an overwhelming amount to pick from. So I want to ask those who use ranges to and from the range on what I might need and where I should look.

My need came from transporting more the one firearms, ammo, eye and ear protection as well as knee pads, water and a extra shirt for those long USPSA matches.

Feel free to correct anything that I might have overlooked and or simply missed.

1. Must be big enough to fit at least 3 handguns
    2. Must fit at least 300 rounds of ammo
    3. Must fit at least three standard bottles of water or one large bottle of 1.59qt
    3. Have small compartments for knee pads, T-shirt, Eye & Ear protections
    4. Must have shoulder straps for easy carry

What else should I think about? And is there some brands that are better then others?

Thanks for any advice.
    Proud member of IPSC, IDPA, NRA

I would look at Brownells (brownells.com), Blackhawk, and at NRA Store. There are others but these are no BS quality.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Norus View Post
    I have discovered the need for a range bag but I also have no idea on where to start. There seem to be an overwhelming amount to pick from. So I want to ask those who use ranges to and from the range on what I might need and where I should look.

My need came from transporting more the one firearms, ammo, eye and ear protection as well as knee pads, water and a extra shirt for those long USPSA matches.

Feel free to correct anything that I might have overlooked and or simply missed.

1. Must be big enough to fit at least 3 handguns
    2. Must fit at least 300 rounds of ammo
    3. Must fit at least three standard bottles of water or one large bottle of 1.59qt
    3. Have small compartments for knee pads, T-shirt, Eye & Ear protections
    4. Must have shoulder straps for easy carry

What else should I think about? And is there some brands that are better then others?

Thanks for any advice.
    I like to use a luggage bag with wheels. Just tote anywhere you like. All that ammo and weapons get real heavy fast. Pick one up at the goodwill they are cheap as hell. No need to spend a lot. When you are done at the range pack up and wheel back to your vehicle.
    Bill
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Get the Midway bag....

MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag - MidwayUSA

I've had one for years, and it's terriffic. It goes on sale every month or so for $39.95. It's a duplicate of the 511 bag, except for the Midway logo.

It will handle four handguns, a removable inner carrier, with a bag for brass. I get enough in mine it's a good load to carry very far.

You will not be disappointed in it......
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Get the Midway bag....

MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag - MidwayUSA

I've had one for years, and it's terriffic. It goes on sale every month or so for $39.95. It's a duplicate of the 511 bag, except for the Midway logo.

It will handle four handguns, a removable inner carrier, with a bag for brass. I get enough in mine it's a good load to carry very far.

You will not be disappointed in it......
    I received my Midway Range Bag in Olive Drab TODAY! Been using a $9 black duffle I got at WMart. The bag is beautiful. I filled it completely when transferring my stuff. Had to pull out (and NOT use) the nice internal divider bag and both gun rug bags, cause I carry a lot of stuff! Still, it has two big internal pockets, so you can put your targets on one side and other stuff on the other. I loaded a Glock 19 with holster and two mags on a belt, Ruger MkII with red dot and 4 mags, 22 mag speed loader, 2 bean bags (lots of bulk there!), 1ooo rnds 22s, rangefinder, folders with new and saved targets, couple pairs of eyes and ears, tape, pens, Maxpedition dump pouch, 100 rnds of 9mm, some tools, etc. I still have most of the external pockets (5 of them) essentially empty. Oh, and the external water bottle holder is empty too.

It is a nice quality bag and good for my indoor range. But if you go to the range a lot or especially to an outdoor range, you might want to follow WoodDoctor's advice and just get a nice roller suitcase. Not as cool, but easy to tote and you can get one as big as you want.

Go to Galls.com and pick up a patrol bag. You don't have to be a LEO to order from them and they have amazing deal on items. I go there first when looking for something like that.

+1 on the Midway bag...absolutely the best value!

I usually just ask the grocery store to double bag with paper instead of plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Zebra View Post
    +1 on the Midway bag...absolutely the best value!
    I ordered mine OD Green today.

Quote Originally Posted by MNBlackjack View Post
    I ordered mine OD Green today.
    You won't be disappointed. The OD is a really nice color. And they are using the new black logo on both sides, which is low key and cool.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast