What pocket holster do you use for a ruger lcp? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What pocket holster do you use for a ruger lcp?

After taking the LCP to the range, I wouldn't worry about accidentally firing it in your pocket. The ruger LCP has the longest trigger pull I have ever shot. I just want to keep it legal

I was thinking something simpl like the one pictured below.

I use the Uncle Mike's for my pocket (summer time cargo shorts, perfect) and I have one of the leather wallet holsters for the back pocket of my jeans.

I was told by a couple people that the wallet style(not covering trigger) are no no's. I was told it was a federal law and not a state thing, I am still trying to verify it.

Quote Originally Posted by mpohio View Post
    I was told by a couple people that the wallet style(not covering trigger) are no no's. I was told it was a federal law and not a state thing, I am still trying to verify it.
    "Wallet Guns" are on the list of "any other weapons" at BATFE. See clarification of law on pages 5-6 here:

http://www.atf.gov/publications/news...er-1997-08.pdf

However, some companies claim to have letters of clarification that their holsters are legal, because the firearm is not concealed within the wallet. In the pictures in the previous post, you can see the barrel, trigger, etc. Like any other holster, the gun is not concealed within the holster.

Another reference is here:

ATF Online - Firearms - Guides - Identification of Firearms

I would insist on a letter from the manufacturer that their wallet holster does not become a wallet gun once you holster your weapon. Otherwise you need to pay your $5 and get your stamp so you aren't violating Class II!

handgonnetoter Guest
    I can actually carry my Kel Tec P-11 in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster with most of my pants and shorts. It is damn easy to conceal that way, but the draw is slooowwww! Family and I were walking around some stores today and carried it in a Bianchi OWB holster that I originally bought for a Beretta 9000S 9mm I had a few years ago. It fits perfect.

handgonnetoter Guest
    NEAT AS HELL HOLSTER! I have never seen one like that before.

That's the holster that could get you thrown in jail.

POSTED BY ISLANDER:
    Wallet Guns" are on the list of "any other weapons" at BATFE. See clarification of law on pages 5-6 here:

http://www.atf.gov/publications/news...er-1997-08.pdf

However, some companies claim to have letters of clarification that their holsters are legal, because the firearm is not concealed within the wallet. In the pictures in the previous post, you can see the barrel, trigger, etc. Like any other holster, the gun is not concealed within the holster.

Another reference is here:

ATF Online - Firearms - Guides - Identification of Firearms

I would insist on a letter from the manufacturer that their wallet holster does not become a wallet gun once you holster your weapon. Otherwise you need to pay your $5 and get your stamp so you aren't violating Class II!

Yeah, the holster in question appears to be a wallet holster under NFA rules. Just my humble opinion.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast