What pocket holster do you use for a ruger lcp? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What pocket holster do you use for a ruger lcp?

Whatever you do at least go on the FIST site and look at the "thumb push" design. I think Grandfather Oak site also shows a thumb push design. It is nice to have "sticky" on the outside of holster but it still moves around a bit in your pocket as you go for your firearm. The thumb push design allows your thumb, which is "just hanging there" as you reach for the gun, to actually find a place on the top of the holster so as you pull up with the gun, your thumb is pushing down on the holster--it definitely gives me a feeling that the holster will stay in place as I reach for my gun. You can actually make your own thumb push on any holster (I have) by just glueing a small piece of bike tire on the top of the holster exactly where your thumb would be--it adds that little platform that your thumb is looking for as you draw the gun. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by cardinalfan View Post
    That one looks legal. as long as it coverst the trigger guard area you should be good to go. I think they are calling it a wallet due to its size and ability to fit in your back pocket.

DeSantis Super Fly is what I use for my Kahr. Desantis also makes a great pocket Mag Holder. IMHO you must have the trigger covered to be safe.

I'd take a look at the Mika pocket holsters. rubberized on the outside to help stay in pocket, Works very well. Good prices.

DJ58
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)

handgonnetoter Guest
    So, if someone were to carry a small gun in the pocket without the holster then that is illegal? I did not know that a holster with holes for the trigger to be worked were illegal?

+1 on the Mika.
    I use one with my LCR and love it!

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    So, if someone were to carry a small gun in the pocket without the holster then that is illegal? I did not know that a holster with holes for the trigger to be worked were illegal?
    They aren't. It classifies your gun as "Other". Look on page two, the "federal" law on this was posted a couple times. I didn't even know not having it in a holster was illegal either. Glad I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by mpohio View Post
    I didn't even know not having it in a holster was illegal either. Glad I asked.
    Only illegal in the car.

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/handg...tml#post159291

Quote Originally Posted by mpohio View Post
    After taking the LCP to the range, I wouldn't worry about accidentally firing it in your pocket. The ruger LCP has the longest trigger pull I have ever shot. I just want to keep it legal

I was thinking something simpl like the one pictured below.

That is the Desantis Nemisis which I use. If you want more info, check out Elsie Pea Forum - The #1 Ruger LCP Owner Forum and Information Source

Ok, I had to pass along a few discoveries today.
    First I showed the owner at the local gunshop my Ruger Lcp and asked what holster I should get. I also told him how much a POS the trigger was on it. He said try this one, he took out his pocket gun(kel tec 380, which was almost the same exact gun as the ruger) . He cleared it and said try dry firing this. OMG the trigger was amazingly smooth. He said he had it polished and something else. I plan to do some research on it and will post my findings for you all. I checked his Keltech over real well and it was damn near identical, including the long trigger spring in the handle.

Second, As much as I liked the desanti, I found the perfect holster for me.(see pic).
    They had an amazing collection of holsters, but no desantis It's a cheap $11 bulldog, "small inside the pants holster" model. It can be used for Left or Right handed people and inside the pocket by removing the clip. it gives me more versatility than the Desanti and fits perfect in my pocket. I aske the owner if I can trying with my gun in my pocket, he asked "is your gun loaded" I said "no", he said "mine is, go ahead"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast