What pocket holster do you use for a ruger lcp?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What pocket holster do you use for a ruger lcp?

What pocket holster do you use for a ruger lcp?

Picked up a couple pocket rockets today.
    1st is a Ruger lcp 380
    2nd is a Kahr pm40 40cal

Yep, been busy today. I went to Columbus and took adavantage of some smokin hot deals. They had the ruger on sale for $299 (NIB), but I found a Gently used(only 20 rnds down the pipe) for $209, and the kahr pm40 was a FTF with a guy for $450 with two boxes of defense hollow points and a holster. Could have gotten just the gun for $400, but I knew I was going to get the ammo and holster anyways.

I put them next to a Glock 27(subcompact 40cal) to show size comparison. The ruger is the perfect size for a pocket gun, the kahr fits, but is a little big. I am going to the range tomorrow for some accuracy test(and yes , I will take pics )

3. I use an Uncle Mike's IWB holster from which I removed the belt clip. I can't remember the exact size, but it works very well in the front pocket of jeans and dress pants alike.
    Slow is Steady
    Steady is Fast

Quote Originally Posted by rksap View Post
    I use an Uncle Mike's IWB holster from which I removed the belt clip. I can't remember the exact size, but it works very well in the front pocket of jeans and dress pants alike.
    Size 10 works great, but not if you have a Crimson Trace laser attached.

I stopped using a holster months ago, except for about one week carrying IWB with my Uncle Mike's number 10. Now I just stick it in my pocket or more often clip it IWB with a Kel-Tec belt clip. Fits perfectly, although the pin is a little tight.

The "Youngster at the gunshop that sold me my lcp, claimed I could not carry it loose in my pocket and I needed a holster to make it legal. Is he correct or is he just trying to sell me a holster? My state is Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by mpohio View Post
    The "Youngster at the gunshop that sold me my lcp, claimed I could not carry it loose in my pocket and I needed a holster to make it legal. Is he correct or is he just trying to sell me a holster? My state is Ohio.
    A quick glance of the attorney generals publication on concealed carry shows that if you are carrying loaded and concealed in a vehicle that it must be in a holster. Without reading through the laws I'd say you'll need one to comply.

I use a DeSantis Nemisis pocket holster, good news is you can get them most stores for about $15 or so.

Always use a holster while pocket carrying. The trigger must be covered to keep your finger off it in your pocket, the gun has no safety and relies on it's long trigger pull. It has an internal hammer block, as long as the trigger is not pulled it cannot be fired.

I have my hand in my pocket all the time, touching an exposed trigger absentmindedly is the last thing I want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by jlcnuke View Post
    A quick glance of the attorney generals publication on concealed carry shows that if you are carrying loaded and concealed in a vehicle that it must be in a holster. Without reading through the laws I'd say you'll need one to comply.
    A slow read of the attorney general's publication on concealed carry shows that you only need a holster if all of the following apply: carrying (1) loaded, (2) in vehicle, and (3) on your person.

Laws, Acts, and Legislation

Quote Originally Posted by Stiofan View Post
    I use a DeSantis Nemisis pocket holster, good news is you can get them most stores for about $15 or so.

Always use a holster while pocket carrying. The trigger must be covered to keep your finger off it in your pocket, the gun has no safety and relies on it's long trigger pull. It has an internal hammer block, as long as the trigger is not pulled it cannot be fired.

I have my hand in my pocket all the time, touching an exposed trigger absentmindedly is the last thing I want to do.
    I don't keep my hand in my pocket. My pocket IS my holster, and it covers the trigger.

10. I prefer a holster for two reasons:
    1. It maintains the firearm in the correct position at all times, so I don't have to fish for it.
    2. It helps to keep dirt and pocket lint out of it.

But to each their own. There are no particular laws about it here in PA.
    Slow is Steady
    Steady is Fast

Quote Originally Posted by rksap View Post
    I prefer a holster for two reasons:
    1. It maintains the firearm in the correct position at all times, so I don't have to fish for it.
    2. It helps to keep dirt and pocket lint out of it.

But to each their own. There are no particular laws about it here in PA.
    Gotta agree that a holster is better. Just can't stand the feel, even of the excellent and paper-thin DeSantis Nemesis. So generally I just use the Kel-Tec belt clip IWB 95% of the time (5% pocket carry). But if i were to use a pocket holster, I would definitely go with the Nemesis.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast