Steyr Pistols

Thread: Steyr Pistols

Steyr Pistols

Anyone have any range time with a Steyr? I like the S-A1 in the .40 flavor, but have not had a chance to get my hands on one - much less shoot one.

Any input would be helpful!

thanks!
    My Website: Nerd with a .45

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Anyone have any range time with a Steyr? I like the S-A1 in the .40 flavor, but have not had a chance to get my hands on one - much less shoot one.

Any input would be helpful!

thanks!
    I put my hands on one about this time last year at a gun show. It felt like a great-handling piece. I loved it. It had one of those "complete the pyramid" type sight, rather than your standard pistol sight. It was very comfortable. Also less than $600 if I remember correctly. Only drawback I can figure is that there probably aren't that many accessories for it, like holsters, etc.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Looks like a fun gun to shoot. Maybe I'll be lucky and someone will have one at our upcoming gun show.
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

5. I realize this is an old thread, but for anyone interested in Styer's pistols check out Steyr Club. There are a number of holsters for the MA-1 series as well as the older M and compact S series. There are also a couple of replacement sights for it if you don't like the trap sights and one of the members there makes steel guide rods for them as well.

I checked one out at a local gun shop. Those pyramid sights are bizarre. I'd have to spend some time on the range just to see if I could adapt to them. The gun seemed like it was built solidly.