taurus tcp 738 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: taurus tcp 738

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    And there are some people who think Obama is a great president....
    Obviously you do since you brought it up! I'm a Republican, and a Reagan Conservative, I personally think the Ayatollah BHO sucks! We were talking handguns, not politic's. If that's your bag, there is a thread or two here for Politic's, take Obama there...
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    Obviously you do since you brought it up! I'm a Republican, and a Reagan Conservative, I personally think the Ayatollah BHO sucks! We were talking handguns, not politic's. If that's your bag, there is a thread or two here for Politic's, take Obama there...
    Actually I was using the Obama reference to point out that now matter how useless, questionable, poor-quality, etc. something is, there's always somebody who'll like it.

I was not accusing you of being an Obama-ite. I save that insult for my worst enemies

There has been countless post's on the Taurus TCP, some are good reports and some are not, to me, all the small 380s in the $300-$350 dollar price range are not much differant in operation, they seem to all have simalar problems, the biggest cause of trouble with the FTF and FTE, stovepipes, is caused by ether limp wristing or the weapon needing cleaning, and I do not care who made it LCP, TCP, Keltech, Diamond back, I know the LCP seems to be tops in popularity, and personaly I have or have had all the guns I mentioned except the Diamond back, they all have there plus's and minus's, accuracy is about the same, my personal experiance, has found, the LCP trigger is way to long, also the slide did not lock back on the last shot, and the gun I had seemed to be overly touchy to limp wristing, the Keltech seemed to have the most felt recoil, I meen that little sob really stung, the Taurus TCP to my wife and I seemed to be the nicest of the bunch, was not perfect, but the others were not ether, and I have to say anybody that buys one of these little pop guns and comes on here and says they have shot 500 rds, or 1200 rds or whatever and NEVER had any malfunction, I would bet are not being exactly truthful, I had some problems with all of them they were minor, but still ?, also no matter how many rds my wife and I fire threw these guns, I will never trust one of them for a main carry, we do carry them as back up, along with our Glocks, but on there own never

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    and I have to say anybody that buys one of these little pop guns and comes on here and says they have shot 500 rds, or 1200 rds or whatever and NEVER had any malfunction, I would bet are not being exactly truthful, I had some problems with all of them they were minor, but still ?,
    Well sir, that's exactly what I'm saying and it's the absolute truth. I shoot my LCP probably twice a month, putting 30-50 rounds through it each time. I've had it for more than a year. You do the math. Not a single malfunction. That's a fact.

I use proper technique (no limp-wristing), use reliable ammo, and clean the gun after each session. A co-worker of mine has has his LCP longer than I have and he's never had a problem either.

When somebody tells me they've never had a problem with their TCP I believe them. When somebody tells they've had problems with their LCP I believe them too. But I see is far more people with TCP problems than with LCP problems, or Kel-Tec problems, or Sig 238 problems, etc.

6. I understand "Limp wristing" can cause FTL and stove piping, and am cognizant of it when I shot my TCP. But often I would get a jam up simply racking the first round. In fact, with the slide back, like after the last shot, I would put in the mag, release the slide and it would jam, FTL, EVERY time. That's not a limp wristing problem.
    I'm in the process of returning mine for repair and will gladly report how Taurus responds.
    I've read how there were problems with the magazines on the ones below serial number 60000. Mine IS a 5xxxxx series, so maybe that's the issue. I will keep you guys informed one way or the other.
    But I am inclined to agree that the TCP (I won't speak of the LCP or Keltech as I haven't fired them) would not be a dependable choice for CC. Even if the problems aren't in design and manufacture (Which I believe) but are in fact user problems (i.e. limp wristing) then that tells me these guns are too finicky to be carried everyday and used in an emergency response situation where all things will NOT be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Well sir, that's exactly what I'm saying and it's the absolute truth. I shoot my LCP probably twice a month, putting 30-50 rounds through it each time. I've had it for more than a year. You do the math. Not a single malfunction. That's a fact.

I use proper technique (no limp-wristing), use reliable ammo, and clean the gun after each session. A co-worker of mine has has his LCP longer than I have and he's never had a problem either.

When somebody tells me they've never had a problem with their TCP I believe them. When somebody tells they've had problems with their LCP I believe them too. But I see is far more people with TCP problems than with LCP problems, or Kel-Tec problems, or Sig 238 problems, etc.
    Well good for you, the guns that I have owned and shot were not that dependable, I will NEVER carry one of the small 380s as a main carry weapon, a back up maybe, but not as the only weapon, since I don't see ever spending the money for a Sig or Kahr, I won't worry about them

8. Had one for several months, run about 3 different kinds of ammo through it...not one single hiccup and easy to shoot.

9. has anyone seen a carbon fiber frame tcp 738

i bought one yesterday . i am new to semiautos. i cant find this one on the taurus site .what are your thoughts on this frame ? thanks for your thoughts .

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bassdawgbill View Post
    i bought one yesterday . i am new to semiautos. i cant find this one on the taurus site .what are your thoughts on this frame ? thanks for your thoughts .
    I have never seen one. In fact, I don't even recall seeing one on the Taurus website either.

11. so now i dont know how the gunshop got it ? It even cost $10 more than the blued one . It looks like the carbon fiber handle on my baitcasting fishing reel . So now i am worried that taurus dont have it on there site or anywhere else ,,,,what should i do .Did i get cheated

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast