taurus tcp 738
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: taurus tcp 738

taurus tcp 738

taurus 738 tcp how is this gun does it has any problems . thinking about getting one

me too. Gander Mountain has it on sale for $280 and I've got a $20 off coupon from my gun club.

I'm thinking of using it for backpacking as I really wouldn't want to carry anything much heavier.

4. I got one in April, and have been nothing but pleased with it. Not a single hiccup so far, with about five different types of range ammo (WWB, Remington UMC, a couple other FMJ that I can't recall right now, and Corbon DPX (my carry ammo). It conceals very easily, and is an easily controllable little pistol. Some people don't like the Bulldog pouch that comes with it, but, although I usually pocket carry with a Desantis Super Fly, and do like, and sometimes carry in the pouch.

The slide lockback when empty, and coming with two magazines also influenced my decision, something that it's two closest competitors (in my book, the Ruger LCP and the Keltec P3AT) didn't have.

I think there were problems when it first came out, but I have had none. I am very happy with mine.

Also go to Taurus Armed.net - Index for some great feedback.

thank will pick one up next gun show

6. I have one and really regret buying it. IMO it should never have been put on the market. Constant Failure to feed, Fail to eject. I've tried various ammo, etc. If you can get through 6 shots without a problem you are lucky. Not only me, do a search around the net and you'll read way more bad reviews then good.

Quote Originally Posted by jbirdy1 View Post
    I have one and really regret buying it. IMO it should never have been put on the market. Constant Failure to feed, Fail to eject. I've tried various ammo, etc. If you can get through 6 shots without a problem you are lucky. Not only me, do a search around the net and you'll read way more bad reviews then good.
    There are many bad reports....there are also many good reports as well. I only have an issue with their lack of fit and finish compared to the higher end guns. I will explain.......they have sharp edges on the slide, and other parts of the gun are also sharp when they should be totally smooth. I sliced my finger pretty bad, simply by racking back the slide of one at a gunshop......the cut was pretty deep and I didn't even feel it "that is sharp". We took a good look at the gun, and were amazed at all the sharp edges all over the gun. They may look nice.......priced low....and typically shoot well.....but I will not waste my money on any of their semi-autos.

I have one and really regret buying it. IMO it should never have been put on the market. Constant Failure to feed, Fail to eject. I've tried various ammo, etc. If you can get through 6 shots without a problem you are lucky. Not only me, do a search around the net and you'll read way more bad reviews then good.
    Jbirdy1; you can find bad products from any manufacture, so no need to brand the entire Taurus Company because your is defective. I'll bet you haven't even attempted to return the gun to Taurus for repair, have you? As for searching the 'Net for bad reviews - I can find a bad review on any handgun you can think of, and most of them are from people just like yourself, for instance... Just last month Beretta announced a recall on all Beretta .22 cal. NEO's for a possible safety malfunction that could allow the little gun to fire involuntarily if the safety selector is switched from "safe" to "fire". In 2004 Glock had a recall on their Glock 26 models after several Police Armourers deemed their Polymer mounted slide tracks unsafe. Ruger has recalled their LCP's for inadvertantly firing when dropped with a round chambered. When is the last time Taurus recalled a handgun?
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

9. Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    Jbirdy1; you can find bad products from any manufacture, so no need to brand the entire Taurus Company because your is defective. ...snip....
    I didn't "brand" the ENTIRE Taurus Company..just the TCP. Taurus does make some good products, every revolver I've shot or handled from Taurus seemed top notch especially for the price.
    BUT...
    I maintain that the TCP has problems. Taurus dropped the ball on this one. As for sending it back, I will do that this week, as again, reading reports and others experiences, a LOT of people have sent the gun back with various levels of satisfaction.
    Really, it's all I can do.

I didn't "brand" the ENTIRE Taurus Company..just the TCP. Taurus does make some good products, every revolver I've shot or handled from Taurus seemed top notch especially for the price.
    BUT...
    I maintain that the TCP has problems. Taurus dropped the ball on this one. As for sending it back, I will do that this week, as again, reading reports and others experiences, a LOT of people have sent the gun back with various levels of satisfaction.
    Really, it's all I can do.
    Agree 100%. I'd be much more confident buying a Taurus revolver than one of their autos. My preferred gun dealer stopped carrying Taurus autos because, by his estimate, 4 out of 10 had a problem of some sort. He was tired of unhappy customers. Obviously the pro-Taurus crew on this site is part of the other 60% Good for them. I like my LCP. I guess I'm part of the 95% that's happy with that purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    When is the last time Taurus recalled a handgun?
    And there are some people who think Obama is a great president....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast