Looking at a G36 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking at a G36

The G36 SF is slim and sleak at the same time. that is why I like it over the G30.

I know I'm taking a hit on firepower. But that is why God invented extra mags

hehe.

forgot to mention I carry the G36 in a Desantis holster that holds an extra magazine and a galco mag carrier on my weak side so in total.

I have 3 magazines (6 rounds). If I can not do the job with that.

well...I reserve the last one for Myself.

I agree with the rocketgeezer the recoil is not bad at all. it just takes time to get used to it. You got my vote for the G36.

Quote Originally Posted by homershoots View Post
    I've been looking at a G36 as well. What's the difference between the 30 & 36? I have an sa trp pro model that I've got almost paid off and was thinking the 36 will be the next one I do a layaway on.
    I don't have a 36, but I have looked at one, and mulled over getting one. I do have the 30. Main difference as stated in a post above, is that it is single stack versus double (double on the 30). The 30 was a bit of a wide grip for some so they (Glock) recently came out with a Slim Frame (or SF) version of their G30 and also the 21. A lot of people who complained the regular 30 was too wide say the SF hits them just right. The 30 has a bit more metal to it and has slightly larger dimensions. Looking at them side by side there isn't much difference. You can Google for G30 versus G36 and there are some pictures out there.

Where I am debating a 36, mainly because I do so love my 30 so much and a 36 would be like having a little brother for the 30, is that the 30 isn't the easiest to conceal in the summer. I thought maybe a 36 would solve that for me, but after looking at one, I don't think it gains me much of anything on concealability. So, now I am looking at possibly adding a 9mm to my stable and going with a PF-9.... But that is just my situation. What I would like to see is for Glock to produce a single stack pocket 9.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray2100 View Post
    I carry a G36.

The recoil is not that bad. It is my opinion that the 40S&W has more recoil than the .45cal.

Now the difference between the G30 and G36 is that the G30 is a doble stack and the
    G36 is a single stack so it is slimer, so for EDC it is a bit more comfortable and easy to conceal if you are going to carry it IWB.

That is why I carry my G36 and not a G30. But that is just Me.
    Hope this helps and enjoy the G36.
    That's funny because I always felt the opposite. But I have a G30, G27, G26, G19. To me the most uncomfortable to shoot is the G26. I like shooting the G30 but I really like shooing the G27.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

The Kel-Tec PF9 is awsome.

light and slim. that is my summer gun.

You can have it anywhere and still carry 9mm instead of a .380
    nothing against the .380 with the new loads. Just do not have one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    That's funny because I always felt the opposite. But I have a G30, G27, G26, G19. To me the most uncomfortable to shoot is the G26. I like shooting the G30 but I really like shooing the G27.
    I don't understand, the 26 (9mm) and the 27 (40 cal) are the exact same size gun how or why could the 26 be uncomfortable but yet you like the 27 with a bigger boom and noticably more recoil? please explain?

have a 26,30 and a 36.Out of the three the 26 conceals easiest but the 36 is my carry most of the time,It does have a bit more "pop" than the 30sf but not by much ...you'll love it

I like my Glock 36. No problem with recoil. It's softer shooting than a .40
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12