Body Guard .380 S&W

Thread: Body Guard .380 S&W

Body Guard .380 S&W

I was at my local gun shop yesterday and got to check out a S&W Bodyguard .380. Unfortunately this gun is not for sale in the PRMA yet.....waiting for it to get on the "approved list". However, when it does get on the list, I'm definitely buying it! Nice set up with a built in laser. Perfect for pocket carry. Does anyone have one? Would love to hear your feedback. Thank you and Merry Christmas!

I agree it's a nice pocket gun. Plus, I'm a S&W fan.

I went to my local gunshop to buy one and was advised by the dealer to wait. He's quit selling them right now (even though he has two in stock) because of some early production issues.

It seems as though the trigger mechanism fails to return to the ready position after firing. Two of the early models (low serial numbers) that he sold failed within the first 100 rounds. Both guns went back to S&W for speedy warranty repairs though.

I did a little research on the web and confirmed that the trigger defect is occurring elsewhere as well. Here's a typical link: Report: Problems with new S&W Bodyguard 380

My dealer has sold me several pistols and is as honest as the day is long. He suggested that I wait until the production serial numbers get above 3000.

Quote Originally Posted by surfcc View Post
    I was at my local gun shop yesterday and got to check out a S&W Bodyguard .380. Unfortunately this gun is not for sale in the PRMA yet.....waiting for it to get on the "approved list". However, when it does get on the list, I'm definitely buying it! Nice set up with a built in laser. Perfect for pocket carry. Does anyone have one? Would love to hear your feedback. Thank you and Merry Christmas!
    It's really a mixed bag! Some get working body guards and others get ones plagued with problems. While your waiting pick up a M&P compact it will never let you down it's quickly becoming the new glock.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

I held one and it had a great feel to it and fit my large hand nicely. I was seriously considering it until I started to hear about problems similar to those mentioned above. I'll wait a while until the kinks are worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    It's really a mixed bag! Some get working body guards and others get ones plagued with problems. While your waiting pick up a M&P compact it will never let you down it's quickly becoming the new glock.
    I agree with the M&P compact being a very dependable handgun for defensive carry. I love my M&P40c and it's become my EDCG.. The MA compliant trigger is an issue that can be fixed, but will cost an additional $80.00 for the Apex Tactical AEK trigger setup... Well worth the bucks.. My trigger pull went from a ludicrous 10.5lb to a consistent 5lb 2oz pull (measured with Lyman digital pull gauge) with 3/16" to reset. I've done the installation and functional testing on 3 MA M&Ps and have had the same results with all...

There were several problem reviews I recall reading related to the take down pin on the BG380 getting loose... The gun looks like a good idea, but I think I'll wait until rev 2

bodyguard 380 issues - Google Search

surfcc, I know where there is a used 40c in MA (close to me) with 50rds through it for $475.00. You still have my number? If not I have yours. If interested in the M&P40c let me know I could have the guy hold it for you.
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    I agree with the M&P compact being a very dependable handgun for defensive carry. I love my M&P40c and it's become my EDCG.. The MA compliant trigger is an issue that can be fixed, but will cost an additional $80.00 for the Apex Tactical AEK trigger setup... Well worth the bucks.. My trigger pull went from a ludicrous 10.5lb to a consistent 5lb 2oz pull (measured with Lyman digital pull gauge) with 3/16" to reset. I've done the installation and functional testing on 3 MA M&Ps and have had the same results with all...

There were several problem reviews I recall reading related to the take down pin on the BG380 getting loose... The gun looks like a good idea, but I think I'll wait until rev 2

surfcc, I know where there is a used 40c in MA (close to me) with 50rds through it for $475.00. You still have my number? If not I have yours. If interested in the M&P40c let me know I could have the guy hold it for you.
    $475 for a used M&P compact? Not worth the money you can get a new one online at buds for $454 shipped(Yes it's a 40C 10rounder with mag safety). Full size M&P 45ACP for $501 shipped. The stock trigger pull of a M&P(none MA trigger) is around 7 pounds(my last one was) they maybe making it lighter now.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/57868

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

I have an M&P 9c and love it. However, not condusive to pocket carry.

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post

6Shooter.....thanks for thinking of me! That's tough to pass up. However, I will need to pass on it until early January. The finances are allocated to the kids and wife for Christmas right now. I'll reach out to you the begining of the new year and hope it is still available! Merry Christmas!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Perhaps I will wait until the kinks get ironed out.

$475 for a used M&P compact? Not worth the money you can get a new one online at buds for $454 shipped(Yes it's a 40C 10rounder with mag safety). Full size M&P 45ACP for $501 shipped. The stock trigger pull of a M&P(none MA trigger) is around 7 pounds(my last one was) they maybe making it lighter now.

Smith & Wesson 10 + 1 Round Compact 40 S&W/Ambidextrous Safe $454.00 SHIPS FREE
    When sold new in MA the gun has to be MA compliant and on the AG's list of approved firearms. It would have to be transferred to a FFL here and then transferred to the owner. The FFL can't do that if the firearm is not compliant. From what I understand the MA compliant ones have a SN# range that designates them as such.

MA sucks for that reason. Can't just order them from the net like the rest of the states can. I'd love to get a XDm3.8 9mm... NOPE not on the AG's list..

M&Ps sell new here for $480.00 to 525.00. The used one for 475.00, that is the asking price, all is negotiable... I have a 100rd used one that I got for a steal price.
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..