Just got a Ruger LCR .357

Thread: Just got a Ruger LCR .357

Just got a Ruger LCR .357

Well guys, i just bought my first ruger. Picked up the LCR .357 mag.

I was going to get the .38 at $399 but they had .357 for $449. I said what the hell, $50 more and i can shoot .38 spcl and .357 mag. The only difference between the two is the slightly thicker cylinder on the .357. The slight weight difference was a non issue for me.

And i have a crossbreed supertuck coming this week for it as well.

Cant wait to shoot/carry this thing. It will be a nice carry addition along with my Glock 27.

Anyone here have experience with the LCR .357 mag.

And just for anyone wondering, ill probably start out carrying .38 spcl until i get used to shooting .357 mags consistently with practice.

Very nice! Congratulations!

Great to shoot cheap 38 ammo, winding up practice with a few rounds of .357.
    Islander's Law: Registration is Preparation for Confiscation

well, i got to shoot today. However i only purchased some FMJ 132 grain .38 specials. Walmart was out of FMJ .357 mags and i didnt feel like going to the local gun dealer.

Anyway, this thing shoots great. I have never shot such small groups with any gun on the first time shooting. I just cant believe how accurate the LCR is for such short barrel.

Ruger has me sold.

Ruger has always built excellent revolvers, (I still have my Securty Six w/4in. barrel that I bought NIB for $195.95 in the early 80's!). But my daughter has had some bad luck with their Auto's - she bought an SR9 two years ago that won't feed, and an LCP that was recalled right after she bought it. Both have been back to Ruger for repair, but she is afraid to shoot them. Now she carries a Kel-Tek P32. Congratulations and good luck with your LCR-.357... the extra $50 bucks was a "No-Brainer", wasn't it?
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    Ruger has always built excellent revolvers, (I still have my Securty Six w/4in. barrel that I bought NIB for $195.95 in the early 80's!). But my daughter has had some bad luck with their Auto's - she bought an SR9 two years ago that won't feed, and an LCP that was recalled right after she bought it. Both have been back to Ruger for repair, but she is afraid to shoot them. Now she carries a Kel-Tek P32. Congratulations and good luck with your LCR-.357... the extra $50 bucks was a "No-Brainer", wasn't it?
    yep, but i will admit, .357 in a 17 ounce gun is quite difficult to shoot more than 10 times straight.

Me want!!!
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005