Concealed Carry for my wife
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry for my wife

Concealed Carry for my wife

My wife is trying to decide on a new concealed carry piece. She has a Ruger LCP .380 and finds that the grip is too short for her hand and it kind of jumps and stings her hand when she fires it, so she wants to go to something else. I have looked at the Keltech's and Diamond backs in the .380, but she wants to find a very small revolver. I don't want to go to smaller calibers, so I really want to look at 9mm, .380 or .38 special etc. She also carries a Beretta mini cougar .40 S&W in her purse but it is a little to heavy for a fanny pack or pocket. What's the smallest lightest revolver out there for a lady? I like my North American Arms mini revolver but it is too short for her also.

3. What can she shoot good and conceal that ain't so big or so heavy that she won't want to carry it regularly?

Sorry, but asking us this is not gonna do anything except have folks push their personal preferences or make some vague suggestion.

SHE'S gotta tote it, let her decide!

Rent, borrow, ... anything that she takes a fancy to and let her get some first hand experience so she can tell you what to buy for her.

Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    What can she shoot good and conceal that ain't so big or so heavy that she won't want to carry it regularly?

Sorry, but asking us this is not gonna do anything except have folks push their personal preferences or make some vague suggestion.

SHE'S gotta tote it, let her decide!

Rent, borrow, ... anything that she takes a fancy to and let her get some first hand experience so she can tell you what to buy for her.
    That's really the only way she'll be able to tell if she can both carry it, and shoot it comfortably.

I was thinking the Wrather .380 may work for your wife. I know mine has been eyeballing one for a while

6. I agree with the above. But to answer the question on what revolver is the lightest, to my knowledge is the S&W 642 Airweight. But the problem with lightweight revolvers especially .38s is that they can kick too.
    Definitely go to the range or ask friends that may have these type of revolvers or handguns that your wife is interested in and get a 50 rd box and have at it. It might take a couple hundred rounds but it will be worth it.
    Nothing better than research by shooting.

naa has quite a variety of grips. check out their website. she has to be comfortable with whatever gun and do let her decide. have a wonderful and safe christmas

My Girlfriend carries a 38 Air-weight in a Fanny Pack.

Take her to the range and let her shoot whatever she wants. You will probably be suprised. I did this with my wife and after shooting about 7 different guns, she settled on the Glock 19. Likes the way it shoots, holds and conceals.

Thanks for the replies, these personal suggestions were just what I was looking for. We begin our quest at the range. Happy new year to all.

11. May I suggest the Ruger LCR. Maybe the 357 model for better reoil control with 38 sps. Trigger can't be beat and not to heavy at 17 ozs. That is the next one I am looking to get the wife.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast