Taurus PT1911 Getting Double Taps AKA Slam Fires - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taurus PT1911 Getting Double Taps AKA Slam Fires

Quote Originally Posted by dobleceroseite View Post
    I disagree with your statement that they wouldn't need a lifetime warranty if the product was good. Springfield and HK both give a Lifetime Warranty, and I believe those are wonderful guns. All a Lifetime Warranty means is that they stand by there product for life. I worry about companies that only offer a warranty for 1 year. Because those are the ones that when something happens you are SOL.
    You'll see plenty of jokes about Taurus' lifetime warranty on these boards like "Taurus has a lifetime warranty. You're gonna need it." and "...send your gun in to Taurus for warranty and wait a lifetime to get it back". I agree with Dorkfish - if you get a fully-functional Taurus auto, hold on to it. You might not be so lucky with your next one.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    You'll see plenty of jokes about Taurus' lifetime warranty on these boards like "Taurus has a lifetime warranty. You're gonna need it." and "...send your gun in to Taurus for warranty and wait a lifetime to get it back". I agree with Dorkfish - if you get a fully-functional Taurus auto, hold on to it. You might not be so lucky with your next one.
    And thats fine. But to say that just because something has a lifetime warranty you shouldn't trust it is insane.

Well then a good friend and I must be the luckiest SOBs on the planet. Multiple Taurus semis and revolvers between us and no problems.

I will concede that I had to adjust the rear sight on my PT92AFS, but that's it.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12