New concealed carry weapon query
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New concealed carry weapon query

1. New concealed carry weapon query

I'm looking to purchase a new weapon for CC. I'm stuck between a few potentials and I would love some advice. Right now I am seriously looking at:

Beretta Px4 Storm
    Springfield XD(M)
    Glock

I'm open to new suggestions, if anyone has any that fit my criteria. They are as follows:

1. Full frame auto. I prefer a full size with around a 4" barrel. Every time I have shot a pocketgun and some compacts, they feel like toys. Yet it has to be easy to conceal. I don't want a Beretta 92 or some huge weapon.

2. It has to be accurate out of the box. I'm talking about combat accuracy. I don't need a competition pistol or anything like that.

3. It has to be reliable. If I am going to trust my life to this weapon, it has to deliver when needed.

4. It has to have available accessories and holsters. This is one of the main reasons why I am looking to purchase a new weapon. I love my Sigma but it is hard to find decent accessories for it.

5. Finally price. It has to be less than $800 or around there. I am not in the market for some custom 1911 or anything like that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

What caliber are you looking for? I use a .40 cal myself.. and with the 3 you have chosen, I would highly recommend the Glock. All 3 are as accurate as each other. It's all about what you are comfortable with.

I myself use a S&W M&P .40 and a P250 Sig in the .40 caliber. You can get all of the above for under $800 easy.. the M&P is about $550 and a Glock is about $500 or so. The Sig is about $380. My friend has the XD which is an ok gun, but I don't like it... don't like the feel and trigger pull. S&W is all around the best of the lot imho

Allot of many other threads available, that could also really help you with making a good choice. Of course I will offer up my advice to seriously consider a Glock 23/27 26/19 30/36.

I my self like the glock... have glock 27 .40cal easily concealable cross breed holster or a sob holster

Gotta offer the M&P as my choice. I own both the full size .45 and the 40c...

The full size offerings are in 9mm, 357Sig, 40S&W, and .45auto w/ 4" barrels (4.5" on the .45) and will conceal well. I carry the full size .45 in a CrossBreed SuperTuck and have never really had an issue with discomfort.

Lots of accessories and holster options for them. Reliability is not an issue and many state and local police departments have made the switch to them over Glocks to go domestic source... Accuracy is not an issue, I was able to easily shoot a 25yd qualification shoot...

My 2 pennies...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Springfield XD is a wonderful weapon. More ergonomic than a Glock. The XD also has the advantage of having the grip saftey.
    Having said that, I also have the Beretta PX4 Storm. It is a very smooth weapon. Although I have gotten to the point where I don't care for external safteys.

8. I went to the range and purchased some ammo today. While I was at the store I checked out the XD(M) in .40 cal with the 3.8 inch barrel and it felt great in my hand. It seems like it would be very easy to conceal. I'm hoping to rent all three when I go home on leave so I can make my final decision after I shoot all three.

I'm looking for a .40 cal as I have a 1911 and don't need another .45 lying around.

I have a Glock 19 and an XDM 9. Both are reliable, accurate, comfortable for my hands and in your price range. The best thing you can do is shoot what you are interested and see what you like the best.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dergasmash View Post
    I'm looking to purchase a new weapon for CC. I'm stuck between a few potentials and I would love some advice. Right now I am seriously looking at:

Beretta Px4 Storm
    Springfield XD(M)
    Glock

I'm open to new suggestions, if anyone has any that fit my criteria. They are as follows:

1. Full frame auto. I prefer a full size with around a 4" barrel. Every time I have shot a pocketgun and some compacts, they feel like toys. Yet it has to be easy to conceal. I don't want a Beretta 92 or some huge weapon.

2. It has to be accurate out of the box. I'm talking about combat accuracy. I don't need a competition pistol or anything like that.

3. It has to be reliable. If I am going to trust my life to this weapon, it has to deliver when needed.

4. It has to have available accessories and holsters. This is one of the main reasons why I am looking to purchase a new weapon. I love my Sigma but it is hard to find decent accessories for it.

5. Finally price. It has to be less than $800 or around there. I am not in the market for some custom 1911 or anything like that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I've heard good things about the PX4, but I've yet to own or shoot one. I've owned several Glocks and XD's, so I can stand behind them quite a bit (and that's the end I'd prefer to be on...behind them).

I suggest you shoot all 3 if you can. See which your hands and eyes prefer. The product should be able to sell itself so to speak.

I wish I could get my hands on one of the XD versions. MA has the dumb ass rule that guns have to meet compliance qualifications. Frigging retarded liberals here feel safer...

My brother has the 9mm version and loves it. Most of the comments I've read regarding the XD series have been positive...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast