1911 Recommendations
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 Recommendations

1. 1911 Recommendations

happy new year everyone!!! im looking to get into the 1911 platform for range and eventually my edc. there are so many out there that im confused. first off i dont and cant spend $1000 or more dollars for one now and if possible i would like to spend around $700 tops and thats pushing it! do anyone have any reccomendations on what and why and aslo i want a fullsize 1911 and not a gi model. thanks!!!

Kimber Pro Carry II

I know you said you wanted full size, but I LOVE my Kimber Pro Carry II. I got the stainless with night sights so my model is $999.00 but you can get the blued w/o night sights for $799. Go to any gun store and I'll bet the employees would speak wonderful words about Kimber's.

Of all the pistols I have owned, this one shoots best, is easiest to CC, overall the BEST pistol I have every owned. LOVE IT!!

I can't see myself changing to anything else. Perfect size (4 inch) and really pretty and amazingly accurate. It's worth at least looking at.

From what I have rad and heard from other reviews, (please excuse me if I offend others, I certainly don't mean to but Rock Island are the worst 1911. One of the areas I look at is 1) Made in the USA and 2) customer service. My gun guy at the gun store I go to told me when he has sent guns' to Kimber, they get back in 3 - 4 weeks. Last gun he sent back to Rock Island for repair/work took 8 MONTHS to get back.

Just my 2 cents.

Gimpy

4. Kimber offers a lot of gun for the money. Look at the Springfield Armory lineup also.
    -Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by kevin mosley View Post
    Kimber offers a lot of gun for the money. Look at the Springfield Armory lineup also.
    I agree with this! I have an EMP .40 but that's above your $$$ limit.
    Do seriously consider the Springfield Armory line up. They have arguably the best customer relations dept.
    The Springfield guns you want are the ones that are stamped NM for Northern Manufacture. Ther're plenty very good 1911's out there for your price by many makers.

Rock Island Armory has been getting some good reviews for 1911...

The Rock Island Armory Guns

The M-1911 Pistols Organization E-zine

You can make additions and modifications to make it your own as you go...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

7. Couple of Thoughts

Taurus makes a pretty good 1911 for around what you're looking for, it is heavy at 42oz., you might also look for a good used 1911.
    I carry a Colt Defender and also have the S&W 1911 (Gunsite Special), Taurus 1911PD, Springfield EMP, among others. A full sized 1911 is okay for winter, but a bit bulky for any other time if you Conceal Carry.

8. As my first 1911 i really dont want a very expensive pistol but not a cheap one too. Since im not used to this type of platform i really dont need a hi priced 1911. whatsyouredc.forumotion

Quote Originally Posted by mikestunner View Post
    happy new year everyone!!! im looking to get into the 1911 platform for range and eventually my edc. there are so many out there that im confused. first off i dont and cant spend $1000 or more dollars for one now and if possible i would like to spend around $700 tops and thats pushing it! do anyone have any reccomendations on what and why and aslo i want a fullsize 1911 and not a gi model. thanks!!!
    Not sure why you don't want a MIL-SPEC/G.I. Model. Springfield offers both and SC Gun Shops have them around $ 500-600.00 which I think is reasonable. Not sure your location seeings you don't have it listed.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

I love my Rock Island .45 1911A1 Tactical. Has alot of ugrades for less then $500.
    AL
    Proverbs 25:28 - A man without self control is like a city broken into and left without walls.

im just going to let you guess what 1911 im going to recommend...best for the money IMHO

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast