New S&W Governor Revolver ?

Thread: New S&W Governor Revolver ?

Arrow New S&W Governor Revolver ?

Anyone have hands on review on the NEW S&W Governor?

Product: Model Governor
    Last edited by Jmazz; 01-22-2011 at 11:42 AM. Reason: add link

handgonnetoter Guest
    I've never heard of that one.

I can't think of any reason to own these, but if you like things like this, you will find this to be the kind of thing you like.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

I've seen photos of the gun, and there are several video clips of the Las Vegas ShotShow on Utube where S&W is demonstrating how they can hold .410's, .45lc, & .45acp rds. But until S&W shrinks the thing greatly, (like Taurus had to do with the Judge) I don't percieve the handgun taking off anytime soon... it simply isn't CCW worthy, too damned big! P.S.; Thats my opinion and I'm sticking with it!
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

I've fired The Judge several times with different rounds at the range.

While IMHO these specialty guns are hardly concealable weapons, I'm starting to think of buying one. I spend a lot of time in the Mojave Desert hunting meteorites and currently OC a .357 loaded with snake rounds for the aggressive Mojave Green Rattlesnake. It seems to me that these types of revolvers would be much more efficient in those situations.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post
    I've fired The Judge several times with different rounds at the range.

While IMHO these specialty guns are hardly concealable weapons, I'm starting to think of buying one. I spend a lot of time in the Mojave Desert hunting meteorites and currently OC a .357 loaded with snake rounds for the aggressive Mojave Green Rattlesnake. It seems to me that these types of revolvers would be much more efficient in those situations.
    I tend to agree with you. I myself have a 44 mag with snake shot. I use it with my ATV. This might fill a nitch? But I am still debateing it. Being a cheap old man. Is it something I want or is it something I need?