Springfield Armory XD9 Sub-Compact Experiences?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory XD9 Sub-Compact Experiences?

Question Springfield Armory XD9 Sub-Compact Experiences?

Mine has about 1K rounds thru it and has yet to have any sort of malfunction, period. It has outperformed my AKs in that aspect and that ought to say something. Have you guys had the same experience? What broke or failed first if anything did? So far I am mightily impressed by what those nifty Croatins built.

3. Luv mine! I'd like to collect all the calibers. Lost count to how many rounds.
    No problems, I shoot all types of ammo, good stuff and cheap stuff.

I have 2 XDs.

XD9 Subcompact
    XD45 4"

They are solid guns. I'm very happy with both.

Already saving for my next XDM 3.8 in 9, 40SW

:)

I have been searching for a gun I like for a couple few weeks now. I even have gone to a few gun stores. After going to a few gun stores, I went to another one with my brother and ended up choosing the Walter PK380 but did not buy it at the time. I started reading about the gun I was thinking to buy and trying to find a place where I could try it before I buy it which I couldn't. Today, I went back the gun store to ask a few more questions and they gave me the Springfield XD 9 Sub compact to hold. My brother is partial to the Glock 19 if I would get a 9 MM and suggested me to get a 9 MM versus a .380. I qualified with his Glock 19. I have tiny hands and handle some guns and all the grips seemed too big to which didn't feel comfortable and at the time the Walter PK 380 felt the best for my tiny hands. No one ever showed me Springfield guns and I think I have fallen for the Springfield XD9 sub compact as it feels good in my hand and the my finger feels perfect on the trigger as I don't feel like I am trying to put too much finger on the trigger as I am with the other guns I have handled. I am seriously thinking about purchasing the Springfield XD 9 sub compact and glad to hear folks are saying it is a good gun. Comparing it with a Glock 19, the Springfield XD 9 sub compact is a little shorter but little heavier... does it have about the same recoil or less recoil as the Glock 19? The Glock 19 are known to work under extreme conditions... how is the Springfield gun under extreme conditions? Is it more touchy? I like how it has the grip and trigger safety too. What holsters do you'll suggest to carry concealed and is it a easy gun to carry concealed?

I have a limp wrist and have had problems with the bullets loading in the chamber on Ruger but I did not have any problems with the Glock. Today, I was told that some folks have had problems with the Glock with limp wrist and the Springfield guns are good for folks with a limp wrist...has anyone had problems with the Springfield XD 9 sub compact who has a limp wrists?

Thanks.

I have 3 XD's--never shot a Glock.
    2-xd9sc's
    1-xd45 compact
    Never had a failure of any kind with any of them
    Plenty of holsters to choose from.
    The xd9sc is my primary EDC gun which is why I got a second one in case the first one ever breaks. I have a feeling though that that second one is not gonna see much holster time

When I went to buy a SD gun about 6-7 years ago I went with the intention of getting a Glock. I had looked at the Glock 17,19 and 26. Then the GS dude showed me the XD's. They felt better in my hands and point of aim was better than the Glock for me. The XD's where just not that popular yet but I decided to get it. It was a good decision for me--I love my XD's

BMWGS
    Can you find a place or a friend that will let you shoot one. I've never had a limp wristing problem so I can't speak about that. My wife however --shoots from her wheelchair and she has all kinds of problems with semi autos--so I got her a couple revolvers. She has shot my xd's many times at the range and has never had any kind of failure--other than she can't rack the slide on ANY semi auto so I have to do that for her

My wife has one it's the xdm 9sc. It's been very reliable only one ftf with some cheap reloaded stuff. The only thing I can say bad about it (and it's her fault I must say) is that she left it in her gunsafe in the car without my knowledge for an extended period. Well the stainless slide rusted up pretty badly and has been a total pain ever since.

8. I own 2 XDsc's and 1 XD(M) 4.5" in 9mm & 1 XD .40 S&W. Service (4inch barrell) I LOVE LOVE LOVE them all!

I cc my XDsc in a crossbreed IWB holster (The best cc holster imho). People who are Glock fans will accept nothing else and that's fine, nothing in the world wrong with a Glock. I happen to be an XD-XD(M) fan - It's what fits best for me.

Never had a failure, I trust my life to them. If you get one and it fits you; then most likely you will never look back.

9. Quote Originally Posted by homershoots View Post
    My wife has one it's the xdm 9sc. It's been very reliable only one ftf with some cheap reloaded stuff. The only thing I can say bad about it (and it's her fault I must say) is that she left it in her gunsafe in the car without my knowledge for an extended period. Well the stainless slide rusted up pretty badly and has been a total pain ever since.
    You might wanna call Springfield. I have heard of cases where even when it's your fault, they take care of it anyways regarding rust on stainless. Of course, if you live a block from the beach...well, you know.

I had the XD40 SC and had no issues whatsoever with it. Very accurate pistol and very well made. Sold it to a buddy that loved it and I ended up with a Kahr 45acp...kinda miss it now that I think about it but I love my Kahr too.

Quote Originally Posted by homershoots View Post
    What's ftf?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast