Anyone familiar with the ISSC-Austria M22?

Thread: Anyone familiar with the ISSC-Austria M22?

Anyone familiar with the ISSC-Austria M22?

Has anyone had any experience with the ISSC-Austria M22 Rimfire range pistol?

It looks to be a nice training pistol and much like a Glock.

Comments welcomed.

I don't know, but I just picked up two of them. Got them for my daughters to perform training drills. Will let you know in a few weeks my initial evaluation

Quote Originally Posted by sassedbygov View Post
    I don't know, but I just picked up two of them. Got them for my daughters to perform training drills. Will let you know in a few weeks my initial evaluation
    I look forward to hearing how they work out for your daughters. Also how the shoot. The guns, not your daughters.

But then, it would be nice to hear how the daughters shoot also.

Thumbs up Rimfire Shooting

And they were bringing rimfire shooters to his shooting range that he might let them get a lane on his rifle range, and the disciples rebuked them. But when Jesus saw it, he was indignant and said to them, "Let the rimfire shooters come to me and set up in an empty lane on my shooting range; do not hinder them, for to such belongs at the gunclub of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not practice at my rifle range like these rimfire shooters shall not become a member of the gunclub of God." And he took them in his arms and blessed them, and gave them a twenty percent off coupon for their next purchase at Cabelas.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    And they were bringing rimfire shooters to his shooting range that he might let them get a lane on his rifle range, and the disciples rebuked them. But when Jesus saw it, he was indignant and said to them, "Let the rimfire shooters come to me and set up in an empty lane on my shooting range; do not hinder them, for to such belongs at the gunclub of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not practice at my rifle range like these rimfire shooters shall not become a member of the gunclub of God." And he took them in his arms and blessed them, and gave them a twenty percent off coupon for their next purchase at Cabelas.
    See, everybody likes rimfire shooters. What's not to like?

Thumbs up I like it, I don't like it, I like it

Recently purchased due to some boredom with my other rimfire semi-autos and also to expand my daughters training with various models. One range trip so far. 300 minimags and 50 stingers later, I sort of like it. I had only a few failures to feed (same crooked round), one failure to fire (I could see a good strike, but did not go off). A recycle to the top of the mag made it right.

Accuracy is, well... I stink. I can see the front sight, rear sight, or target... but never all three. But I can say the groups at 30 were consistently positioned even though not on the mark. Not unusual for me. I did install the smallest front sight and shots were obviously very high, so a swap is necessary (it came with 3 front sights)

What I didn't like.. The grip near the slide is poorly designed. I found that the little notch that the hammer bounces off of also would catch the skin between my thumb and index. I got a nice bleed after 350 rounds, so watch out if you let the kids use it. It was not the most comfortable grip. The Mosquito blows it away on comfort. SA only. It's loud, but so are my other rimfires (Mark II excluded)

What I liked... Fit and finish are very nice for the price. It has Glock like sights which were better than I'd imagine. It fits in some Glock and XDM holsters very nicely (check holster length, short works better). It's easier to break down than Sig and Walther. It's very authentic looking and there is a cool factor if you go for that (I do). So far very reliable, but too soon to tell. I'd say it's accurate but I have to let someone else verify. I thought the trigger was very respectable.

I paid $199 + $25 transfer. For that price how much bad is there to say? In the era of cheap chinese junk, how can I argue with cheap Austrian quality?

It's new and cheap and working properly so I'll give it one thumbs up and one smiley :-). Kind of wish I got two of them... and some spurs

Bravo

Quote Originally Posted by sassedbygov View Post
    Yes, I know I said I wish I got two. What I meant to say is I wish I got three. My brother had talked me out of one of them. He likes his so far

Thumbs up The ISSC Austria M22 Pistol Review...

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitcreekok View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with the ISSC-Austria M22 Rimfire range pistol?

It looks to be a nice training pistol and much like a Glock.

Comments welcomed.
    Go to the 'Articles' tab at the top and enter "ISSC Austria M22" and it will take you to an article on the pistol.

The above is the article I wrote on the ISSC Austria M22 pistol and posted in September 2011.
    I now have over 15K rounds through the pistol and it continues to do what it was designed to do flawlessly. I can now shoot just about any manufactures .22 LR ammo through it (but Remington's Golden Bullet Bulk pack - continues to have quality issues), but I prefer to use CCI Blazer Bulk .22 LR ammo. Inexpensive and true quality!
    This is a great training pistol, especially if you own a Glock...

I did have, as many have had, an issue with the snap in front sight. I used silicone adhesive to hold a replacement sight on, but have since removed that and put a Glock replacement sight that uses the screw from inside the slide. The standard height sight works just great with this pistol.
    JPKirkpatrick
    USAF-Ret; NRA Life; CRPA Life; USA Carry Mbr;
    Oath Keepers Chrtr Mbr; USCCA Mbr; HGCA Mbr; Ret Former LEO